Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Spec. FSR XC Pro ’08 / ’09 vs. Rocky Mount. Element 30
  • robgarrioch

‘Morning,
    Having missed the boat on a pitch pro, I’ve been looking at either;

– Specialized FSR XC Pro. ’08 (good prices, pro-pedal, shock looks bit vulnerable)
    – Specialized FSR XC Pro. ’09
    (more pricey, pro-pedal, shock sheltered by seat tube)
    – Rocky Mountain Element 30 ’08 (mid price, cannot find spec. confirming pro-pedal, shock in sheltered position)

100, 120, 100mm travel respectively, which is fine for what I’ll need – 1/2 XC and 1/2 trail centre red + black routes. Too old now for heavy landings, and need the pro-pedal as climbing’s my main advantage – have a Revolution Triad 2 HT and want to advance my descending a bit. Can anyone offer some comments on the models above?
    Thanks in advance, Rob.

grumm
    Free Member

That’s quite a different style of bike to the Pitch. I had a go on an 08 FSR XC, its a nice bike but I prefer having the extra travel on my Pitch for riding rocky DHs at speed.

robhughes
    Free Member

hi rob.i have an fsr xcpro and it,s spot on, great all round bike.i love it for what it,s good at .it,s great for most parts of the welsh trail centers but it,s not a big hitting bike(100mm).it,s a very responsive bike,very quick on tight trails thats were it comes into it,s own.many many times iv,e benn stuck behind folk on more expensive snazzy machines on tight steep single track.you can realy throw it about and it sticks like ****.never had any problems with set up it just all seems to work well.iv,e had a few mtb,s but this one just seems to fit me like a glove for some reason.you can up them to 130mm with a (betd)rear horst link and new forks,rock shox revs would suit this down to the ground.just a great little bike…

robgarrioch

Was definitely suckered by the price and all the good press on the pitch, I’d be unlikely to really use the 150mm travel. But fancy catching a little air now and again. Thought the ’09 XC pro had similar frame to the pitch.. It’s probably the one I’ll go for being the only one I can demo ride in Edinburgh. Rocky Mountain looks better quality but seems a little less spec’d than the Specializeds. Decisions, decisions..

robhughes
    Free Member

forgot to say buy a say.get a specialized shock guide from cyclclestore .co.uk it,s specific for frsxc pro £7.that keeps the crud of the shock.never any problens there.it,s small and descrete…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Spec. FSR XC Pro ’08 / ’09 vs. Rocky Mount. Element 30’ is closed to new replies.