Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Spearing a Bear
  • Pigface
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37099149

So a Bear comes wandering along to investigate the bait this bloke has put out for it and blammo he kills it with a spear 🙄 I just dont get the appeal, you aren’t going to eat it, what is the point in killing it?

Yes I am a voracious meat eater so I can be accused of being a hypocrite but this seems to me to be senseless.

anagallis_arvensis

Can we spear that dumb animal too?

jimjam
    Free Member

So a Bear comes wandering along to investigate the bait this bloke has put out for it and blammo he kills it with a spear I just dont get the appeal, you aren’t going to eat it, what is the point in killing it?

Black bear and Grizzly numbers in northern Alberta and BC are on the rise and need to be controlled. That’s the reason the fish and game departments issue tags, which are for mature males who prevent younger males breeding and eat cubs.
    But beyond vanity,’s there no reason for using a spear.

jerseychaz

Unfortunately the knuckle draggers on the other side of the pond think that behaviour that was enshrined in their constitution a couple of hundred years ago is still appropriate in the 21st Century (see also 2nd amendment!) – one day they will catch up with the civilised world!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

“It’s extremely frustrating to me,” he told the AP. “I didn’t do anything illegal. The bear died very humanely. The truth is I honestly care more about animals and hunting than anybody could.”

Huh…

Unfortunately the knuckle draggers on the other side of the pond think that behaviour that was enshrined in their constitution a couple of hundred years ago is still appropriate in the 21st Century (see also 2nd amendment!) – one day they will catch up with the civilised world!

Huh…

martinhutch

We need to have some more sympathy for the poor lad. He’s had to cut down on his social media usage.

drlex
    Free Member

…you aren’t going to eat it…

Wut?
    *puts down “Bear Grills” marketing draft*

fasthaggis

launching a spear, with a camera attached,

“That was the longest throw I ever thought I could ever make.”

I drilled him perfect

So he stuck a camera on the spear so he could show off the footage.
    He then set his throw distance at the limit of his ability ,so less chance of a clean kill.
    He used the word ‘drilled it’ like he is some sort of sports jock.

On these details alone I am judging him as a massive knobber

zippykona

“Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, your complete grade one **** idiots yearning to be on t.v.”

twisty

Huh…

kimbers

Some people just enjoy killing things

Is what it comes down to

zippykona

Then they join the marine Corp. , get giving a gun and the god given right to do whatever they like.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was so hoping the title was a euphemism
    I is disappoint

“I didn’t do anything illegal. The bear died very humanely. The truth is I honestly care more about animals and hunting than anybody could.”
    Mr Bowmar said the bear ran 55 metres (180 feet) before it died and argued that a spear was a more humane weapon than a bow, Reuters reported.

Clearly he is amongst the great thinkers of our time
    I think its just one of those activities that folk , who dont do it, dont get it all
    I think we, the majority in the uk anyway, think its just folk who enjoy killing things and , obviously, this is a “disturbing” character trait

Killing for “sport” is pretty distasteful to UK eyes

Alpha1653

Essentially the guy is a c*** who gets off on killing animals to show how ‘manly’ he is.

Personally, I reckon we should be allowed to even up the odds: you go hunt a bear big lad, and at the same time I’ll hunt you and see how you like being “drilled” by a spear to some random part of your body which will allow you to keep running…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Then they join the marine Corp. , get giving a gun and the god given right to do whatever they like.

Although there is an over representation of thrill seekers and sociopaths in parts of the forces, the forces generally prefer not employ the subset of those types of people that actively get off on killing. It tends to lead to situations that get splashed on the front pages of the Guardian and the New York Times.

cranberry
    Free Member

you aren’t going to eat it

I don’t agree with killing anything with less than the kindest & cleanest methods, but you can eat them:

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/bear_recipeguide.pdf

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Spearing a Bear’ is closed to new replies.