Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • SPDs with platforms the other side
  • paulwf

I am sure I have seen a set of Shimano pedals that have one side with SPD clips and the other side platforms.

Does anyone know what model number these are?

My experience with the pedals that had clips on both side and a platform around were that they hurt when riding with normal shoes

Cheers
    Paul

rootes1

Clicky Click M324

not great though as the flat side is never the right way up… but ok for occasional use

Si

eckinspain
    Free Member

You can buy the platforms separately and clip them into one side of your SPDs.
    Your LBS will probably have them lying around if you speak nicely to them.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Those plastic platforms for SPD pedals offer very little in the way of grip in my experience.

Mowgli
    Free Member

The shimano jobs are not great really. I have them on my commuter. I wouldn't like to use them on my mountain bike. Not much grip and quite a small platform.

Would be nice to see a DMR V8 with a clip on one side!

paulwf

Thanks. They are more for a commuter so they should be fine. I didn't like the plastic clip on bits when I tried them

drofluf
    Free Member

paulwf – Member
    Thanks. They are more for a commuter so they should be fine. I didn't like the plastic clip on bits when I tried them

Found a pair in the shed when I was tidying at the weekend – interested?

organic355
    Free Member

how about the XTR trail pedals?

crispybacon
    Free Member

I used the half-man / half chicken M324 pedals for about a year riding off road to get my confidence up & then moved on to a full SPD pedal – OK a M424 pedal with the plastic cage on but it worked for me 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

I've had a pair of 324s on my commuter/yourer/trainer for 10 odd years.

Obviously the caged side doesn't offer as much grip as propper flatties, but I can basically use any shoes on it – civvies for the commute/shopping, cleated shoes for training/weekend rides.

Highly recommended by me!

dustypumpkins

Or there's the A530. Which are fairly rubbish.

sockpuppet

i had a set of the 324 i really liked. not like a real flattie, but good all teh same

Waderider
    Free Member

I have the PD-M324's on my commuter and they do a good job.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘SPDs with platforms the other side’ is closed to new replies.