Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • SPD trail shoes/ankle protection?
  • Alex

I’ve had about 3 sets of these:

Good fit, not too heavy, pretty good protection from rock strikes on the ankle, not too hot. Sadly the three pairs have lasted about a year each before they either split on the sole or the mesh splits. Anything else out there that’s a bit more robust. Looking at the SPD AM45s but not sure of their durability.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Mavic alpine XL

sillyoldman

Shimano M200

kcal

My MT90s have been going strong for 4 or 5 years now, get used all year round too, good ankle protection and handy for those trails where a bit of walking (a.k.a. variation) is required..

May not be what you’re after though. I have a v old (read, knackered) pair of Specc. BG shoes, very old pair of Shimano SPDs for knocking round town, and a nearly as old pair of WT-101s for foul conditions. Don’t get new shoes often!

Alex

The Mavics look good although white…. M200s when they are available bit too much cash, MT90s a bit clumpy for what I’m looking for. My old Spesh BG refuse to die as well. Sadly my Defrosters have succumbed after 4 winters so I might just go for a waterproof lightweight-ish boot to kill two birds with one stone.

paganman
    Free Member

MT91’s, 4 years and still going strong.

Fat-boy-fat

MT91s here too. Top boots for all weathers. Being a Scotlander, I have to put up with a fair bit of hike a bike and they’re brilliant for that.

sillyoldman

The now discontinued MT53 is worth a look then? Not lookers, but decent practical shoes if you don’t want XC race stiff soles?

skinnyboy
    Free Member

Recently picked a pair up for 50 dollars Oz, NOS since they were discontinued years ago

First ride on them yesterday and they are ace!

BillOddie

AM45s are ace and tough as the proverbial aging footwear.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘SPD trail shoes/ankle protection?’ is closed to new replies.