spd shoes with grippy soles

Home Forum Bike Forum spd shoes with grippy soles

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • spd shoes with grippy soles
  • Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Five Ten would be the obvious suggestion, they ahve a few SPD models now I think.

cuberider

Shimano M161? If you are a size 38 then CRC have them cheap.

Klunk

damn they are loud.

perthmtb

Shimano MT-43?

timb34

Mavic shoes are OK for grip – they use the Contagrip rubber from Salomon: a lot better than hard plastic but I don’t know they compare to the rubbery Shimano soles.

workhard

does anyone make any that have soles with more friction/grip than spesh BG sport mtb shoes? I don’t mean an aggregative tread, or studs, but soles that grip rather than slide off rock. On wet rock or dry rock on the descent from Glaslynn to Machynlleth my hard plastic soles on my spesh ones were useless yet my cheap’n’not-so-nasty brasher walking boots (used two days later, same weather) whilst not exactly gripping like leeches at least didn’t act like the soles were made of teflon.

workhard

Haven’t been able to get on with the last they use to make Shinamo shoes in the past, too narrow for my broad feet.

Does any real world shop in SE England stock the Five Ten’s so I can try a pair on? (No I won’t then go and buy them from CRC!)

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Northwave SPD’s have a good grippy vibram sole

I love Northwaves and I also find Shimano’s way too narrow to be comfortable

Premier Icon sillyoldman
    Subscriber

M087’s have a rubber sole and are available in a wide option

Bazz

Northwave Mission’s, nice grippy Vibram sole, only slight draw back is that they aren’t al that stiff so you need a clipless pedal with a platform, like a CB Mallet, or you can feel them bending around the pedal.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I’ll echo exactly what Bazz said. Northwave Mission’s and a Shimano plaform SPD is a dream ticket IMHO

dantsw13

I have a pair of pearl Izumi alps, I’ve used them to climb Stone Mountain, Atlanta, USA (a granite boulder) after a 60k road ride. Not the stiffest shoe, but a great compromise, ImHO

oggy07

Another vote for Shimano M087’s.

Premier Icon mtbfix
    Subscriber

Specialized Rimes are nice and stiff for pedalling and have a ‘proper’ Vibram sole for those moments when your fitness or skill levels force you off the bike. Love mine.

the hustler

Spech tahoe’s here, been v good

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘spd shoes with grippy soles’ is closed to new replies.