Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SPD replacement jaws
  • jimmy

I’m after a bit of assistance searching out a replacement part for my XT trail SPD pedals. The jaws are worn out so even tightened up loads and new cleats, I keep falling out of them. Apparently you can get replacement jaws but I can’t find them anywhere online. Anyone in a bike shop able to locate them (needed by the weekend). Thanks.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not just new pedals?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Exploded Diagram[/url]

I assume you mean part number 4 on this diagram?

Deveron53
    Free Member

You’re going to need 4 of them. I’m willing to bet that even if available, they’re priced ridiculously high so that new pedals are a better option.
    CRC are doing M785s for under £50 and the lowly M530 (of which I have 2 pairs and they’re ace!) for under £20!

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve done a jaw swap with a pair of M520 pedals as the jaw donors for some XT M775 pedals. The jaws are identical.
    Pretty easy, just make sure you thread lock the mounting bolts, base plate screws. Install the jaws first, before re-installing the base plates.

Mister-P
    Free Member

£4.99 each including bolts. The parts are the same as PD-M530 so just buy a set of them, rob the bits and get a set of cleats for the spares box too.

jimmy

As much as it pains me to waste parts I’ve just ordered the M530’s… Thank you for the posts.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You riding spds at the Dudes oh Hazzard Jimmy?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SPD replacement jaws’ is closed to new replies.