Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Spares for a DT Swiss RWS Skewer
  • dantsw13

My mates bike has a DT Swiss RWS bolt through rear skewer. The handle end has come off – the end screw came undone and it dropped off somewhere in the woods.

Can I get a replacement handle anywhere? I unscrewed the handle on my spare one so he could ride the QECP endure at the weekend, but I’d quite like it back!

gavstorie
    Free Member

http://bit.ly/1gKZRwe

yeah.. they come attached to a free skewer

woody2000

Probably cheaper to replace it with one of the Superstar ones at £7.99 (assuming it’s a 10mm rear skewer and not something proprietary)

dantsw13

Very useful Gav – I’d rather not have to pay £27 for a plastic handle.

Woody – thanks I’ll have a look at those.

nickdavies
    Free Member

Very useful Gav – I’d rather not have to pay £27 for a plastic handle.

You’re not paying for it… and the new ones are metal so it’s an upgrade! 😉

I’ve not seen any spares – there are a couple of threads on here asking the same question if you google. You’ll probably have to get something else if you want to save a few quid. I’ve had a couple of superstar cheapies and they were fine to start with, my 10mm qr rear no longer stays in place reliably on either bike after 18 months, but for £7.99 i’m not going to grumble.

shedfull
    Free Member

http://www.rczbikeshop.com/ sell them cheap (€13.99) but only have road rears (130mm) and 100mm fronts. It might be possible to swap the handle onto yours.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The Superstar skewer is nowhere near as good.

The stiffness relies on the torque that you can do it up with and the SS one can’t get as much torque – I have a RS fork with a casting error in the dropouts – the RWS skewer is strong enough to show up the error (the wheel is not central) whereas a QR and the superstar both through aren’t strong enough.

Might not be an issue though if his rear triangle is so stiff that the extra stiffness from the axle doesn’t mean much – like the dw-link rears on a turner for example

Mugboo

Mine fell off my 12×135 DT Swiss, I drilled a hole through the end and used an Allen key to tension it till I found a cheapish maxle to replace it.

dantsw13

Shedfull – thanks, that’s the front runner so far.

juanking

Dan, I have one you can gladly have. There’s a thread on here when I was trying to remove the f wheel from Mrs Kings bike. I won’t be able to post for a while as I’m heading to Aviemore for week but your welcome to it. Jk.

dantsw13

JK – brilliant!! My emails in profile – let me know what you want.

No hurry, it’s not for a bike I need for a while.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Spares for a DT Swiss RWS Skewer’ is closed to new replies.