Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Spare a thought for the people of Keswick today
  • TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

As someone with rather thick skin i am usually imune to these type of stories. But this is one that has taken me back.

A school bus has been involved in an accident with a car. The car driver is dead. The bus has flipped and the bus, loaded with kids, is in a right mess. 2 kids confirmed dead and countless others seriously hurt.

The thing that made me even more upset was that the vehicle following was more school friends on another bus. They jumped out to help their pals and were confronted with horrific scenes.

Absolutely tragic

aP
    Free Member

Its sad, yes. A friend of mine hanged himself last Thursday, that made me sad too.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that

peteimpreza

The children were all from the Cockermouth area who went to school in Keswick.

A terrible tragedy.

It seems the driver who caused the crash was not the one who was killed.

lowey

Yeah, heard this on the radio yesterday. Horrendous. Utterly horrendous.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Havent read anything about causes etc. TBH i hope its not down to one persons missjudgement. Just a terrible accident.

Yeah i know the kids arent from Keswick but all the news stories about it are centering on the keswick angle. I didnt want to confuse by saying whitehaven,cockermouth etc

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I think on the BBC they are indicating that the coach driver swerved to avoid another vehicle, but not the vehicle driven by the fatality.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Poor girl who died was celebrating her birthday (16th) yesterday, even sadder for her family, imagine having to celebrate anniversay of death & birthday on the same day. Just one of those wrong situations in life. Very sad. 😥

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Lives lost and scarred for ever. 🙁

MrWoppit
    Free Member

aP – Member
    Its sad, yes. A friend of mine hanged himself last Thursday, that made me sad too.

I tried that once. Fortunately (?) the school tie split in half along the stitching… 😯

dr_death
    Free Member

Was working in the A&E at Carlisle yesterday when the major incident was announced. Luckily most of the ones that came to us were OKish, some seriousish injuries but thankfully nowt life threatening.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

They have announced a 3rd child died today 🙁

dr_death
    Free Member

Bummer, not one of our kids I hope. The really serious stuff went straight to the major trauma centres at Newcastle and James Cook via heli-chopter…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There but for the grace of God…

Sad news.

boxelder

I drive in the opposite direction every day and see the kids waiting for that bus. Not today.
    One of those events that you can't get out of your head.
    Can't imagine my kids not arriving home.

noteeth
    Free Member

Simply horrendous.

My housemates work in PICU. Whilst in their presence, I never – ever – complain about my day at work.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Spare a thought for the people of Keswick today’ is closed to new replies.