Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Spaniels
  • Sandwich

Are they possibly trhe dumbest dog breed?
    Dumb Luck 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No, not at all.

Milkie
    Free Member

You'd think the Guardian would get it right..

"A springer spaniel was described…" …completely wrong!

It was a Cocker Spaniel.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Mines not, and i would say in this case having the brains to swim to a boat proved it !!

If you want the definition of dumb dog i think you need to look no further thatn a Lab !!

jimmy

If you want the definition of dumb dog i think you need to look no further thatn a Lab !!

thats fighting talk!

tragically1969
    Free Member

thats fighting talk!

Yeah perhaps i should have put 😉 after it !! 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

My first Staff was a thick as a brick the second one was so smart he could have gone on mastermind.

Dumb dogs Red Setter utterly brainless.

willard

That's a breed trait with an Irish Setter though.

Spaniels are very bright, but have a slightly unhinged outlook on life.

anagallis_arvensis
    corroded
    Free Member

In my experience:

Dumb dogs: Setter, Beagle
    Clever dogs: Collie, Poodle, some Labs
    Dogs with no sense of self-preservation or understanding of the laws of physics: Springer Spaniel.

Our Welsh Springer would have done exactly the same thing.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

ditto my working cocker!!!!!! Bright but acts like he's had a line of coke for breakfast

tragically1969
    Free Member

Yeah working cocker here too, really intelligent, just unhinged with it !!

montylikesbeer

Dumb, clever, cute and always on the hunt for food, that's labs

Milkie
    Free Member

Labs can be like robots, if trained well, they will do what you tell them to do all the time. Springers will do it most of the time.

thehustler
    Free Member

Spaniels are are very mis understood dog, they are not dumb, they are actually highly intelligent, their problem is that they have alot of energy which means they need to be kept interested.So if you want a dog that will sit round all day for cuddles…..wrong dog.
    If you want a dog you can take on long walks/bikerides and play with alot using lots of energy…..perfect

Quite often it isnt the dogs, its the owners who dont understand them

andybach
    Free Member

I used to have a Springer and at the time worked in Forestry. She was basically on the go "hunting" in the forest from 7.30am to about 4pm and only then was she tired enough to actually walk with me. All the time she was only within 50m charging about and you only had to whistle once to get her back. She had come from a rescue and the previous owners had found her "difficult" and she damaged their house. She was also scarily bright and could recognise the difference in a foresty harvester engine depending whether the machine was working or idling – i.e. whether there were trees being felled or whether it was worth getting close enough for some free food.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Spaniels’ is closed to new replies.