Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM Roll Call
  • peteimpreza

So who is doing the SPAM event on the plain this Sunday?

I’ll be there lugging my carcass around the 50km course.

My first time at this one. What is it usually like in terms of the course and facilities at the start/finish?

beej

Hopefully I’ll be there – meant to go for the past 3 years but have failed each time, generally due to illness. Feel fine at the moment… Plan is to singlespeed the 50km course.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

I’m on for the 50Km. Hopefully it will stay nice and frosty othwise it’ll be claggy. Some fun singletrack through the woods at the start and finish, through some farmland field tracks and a fair bit of tank track over the open plains – a good mixture. Start/finsh is generally a registration marquee, a couple of burger/bacon roll vans and a bunch of portaloos.

MrSparkle

I thought this was something to do with the massive amount of sh!te accumulating on my works email everyday over the hols..

racemonkey

Did the 50k last year and didn’t realise quite how ill I was until we got to the top of the first climb.

After that my mates thought it was funny to charge up every hill then sit and wait for me to wind myself up in a proper little granny gear.

Last time the course used quite a lot of roads opposed to tank tracks which was good for me and we took the road through Imber by the church which meant we actually saw some non-bikey people too.

I think the course route depends on the MOD deciding what can and can’t be used but I’ve enjoyed it each time I’ve entered.

peteimpreza

Is that it then?

Not popular with the STW masses this one then?

soma_rich
    Free Member

Their all northern softies and will be in some pub.

I am still trying to find a baby sitter but am pulling in some favours.

soma_rich
    Free Member

seen this???? Will be a fast one then!

Metcheck

soma_rich
    Free Member

the 25K is looking attractive now!

peteimpreza

wuss!!

soma_rich
    Free Member

Well I didnt say I was doing the 25K just didnt want to look like this:

dobo
    Free Member

i’m going to attempt the 50k, i did the spam blast earlier in the year and thought it was fairly tough but was a bit muddy, not sure if this is the same course or not?
    sure looks like its going to be a chilly one though

Kiril
    Free Member

I’m still injured but in truth if there isn’t deep frost then it will be a claggy mess

patentlywill
    Free Member

I’ll be there attemptiong 50K if the driving conditions from Cheltenham allow – time to recharge the hip flask!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.