Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SPAM Biking – Winter Challenge Event in Jan 2011
  • Premier Icon Silverfoxjules
    Free Member

Has anyone done the Winter Challenge by any chance – if so – what are your thoughts??? Is it well worth entering?

Thanks!!

Jules – Swindon

Premier Icon brassneck

I enjoy it, but you should have a tolerance for mud, cold and rain. A sesne of humour is obligatory.

If you’re lucky, it’ll be one of thoise glorious frosty winter days – fast and fun, just dodge the icy bits 🙂

SPAM always put on a good event imho. Set2Rise is my fave overnighter too. haven’t had a mail shot for this years winter challenge yet though.

Premier Icon Clink

Cold ‘n’ crisp last year! 😀

Premier Icon soma_rich
    Free Member

I did it for 10 or 11 years in a row missed the last 2 though. It is good fun not a traditional XC race as there is quite a bit of tarmac and something like 2000 riders! very chilled atmosphere. and VERY very cold one year I am sure it was -10C on the plains!

DO it its an experience!

Premier Icon dobo
    Free Member

the winter one i did was frozen solid! not much singletrack and was a very fast course with a fair amount of tarmac. i think they designed the course this way as some other years have been mudfests
    i enjoyed it for a new year mtb kickstart

Spam blast had much more decent off road sections and singletrack

Premier Icon DT78
    Free Member

Did last years (first mtb race) and hope to do this years (if the bones have healed!)

Was frozen solid and seriously fast – watch out for the ruts.

Lots of tarmac, think alot of guys on single speeds were a bit put out. I was in 44/11 quite a bit.

Wrap up warm I lost feeling in my feet half way round!

Premier Icon GaryLake
    Free Member

So alright on a cross bike then?

Premier Icon gothandy

Gary loads of cross bikes last years … generally going around in packs … I call it cheating myself

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SPAM Biking – Winter Challenge Event in Jan 2011’ is closed to new replies.