Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Spain guiding recommendations please
  • eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

3 weeks of constant rain in Glasgow has made me decide to book a short break (5 days) in Spain at the end of the month. Unfortunately, I know very little about the riding there. Can anyone suggest a descent guiding organisation that would cater for 2 riders? Just looking at flights it would seem someone near Alicante is the best option, but I'm happy to hire a car if we need to travel. Thanks

crazy-legs

Freeride Spain. Laid back, excellent riding, good accomodation and food, Simon will pretty much cater to any type of riding.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I second freeride spain, been out there a few times, top trails, good guys, they even cater for my bizarre eating habits!

Harris
    Free Member

Ciclo Montana.

sharki
    Free Member

Joyriders.

Mackem
    chakaping
    Free Member

Freeride Spain and Seasonally Unadjusted both have brilliant trails.

Think there's more guiding set-ups in Andalucia (Granada and Malaga airports) than near Alicante.

Vortexracing

Off to joyriders on Wednesday, can't wait

marklamarr
    Free Member

http://www.ridesierranevada.com

brilliant trails, brilliant guide, loads of flexibility on routes, abilities, and days. Been on hols with them 3 or 4 times and would happily go another 3 or 4.

oxnop
    Free Member

Ciclo Montana if you like big climbs and big decents. Marco is an excellent guide.

swavis

Give http://www.switch-backs.com/ a shout. Was out there a couple of weeks ago, absolutely first class.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

We are based on the beach, just 20 mins from Malaga airport. We´ll have you riding an hour after landing if you catch an early flight, perfect for a long weekend.
    Winter weather is always better here on the Southern Spanish coast. Oh,and half our staff are from Glasgow.
    Check us out on http://www.sierracycling.com.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Mackem,
    I think Jim at Seasonally Unadjusted is not running any more. Haven´t seen him on the trails for a long time and his website "pic of the week" is over a year old. Apologies if I´m wrong.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

BasqueMTB have sweet trails near San Sebastian. There was an article in the current STW mag.

Never been to Sierra but one of the guides is a good friend of mine and a sound bloke.

stumpy01

+1 Ciclo Montana

Great riding
    Great people
    Great food
    Great coffee stops

Del

joyriders.

giantjason
    Free Member

another pleased punter here with Ciclo Montana

nicko74

mtb-espuna's pretty good – I just got back from there. Hotel was the cheap and cheerful variety, very friendly, and the biking itself is good for a few days. It's a shortish drive from Murcia with quite a bit to do around about

senorj

ciclo montana holidays are great.
    fact.

GlennG
    Free Member

Been out with Switchbacks 6 times and love it, would recommend them if you prefer descending rather than lots of climbing (Switchbacks offer lots of uplifts).

Havent been out with Cyclo Montana but both companies ride the same trails, know others who have and rate them (although I understand they do a fair bit more climbing than switchbacks?)

Trails around Bubion, Cappilara, etc. are bloody brilliant.

Yetiman
    Free Member

I don't know about the Alicante region but if you can get to Malaga or Granada I'd suggest Ciclo Montana. Been using them for years and still keep going back for more.
    As mentioned by Glenn you will have to earn most of your descents with Ciclo but they do mix it up with some uplifts to save time and try to maximize the fun parts.

spanishbarry
    Free Member

When I return home ,I ride with Sierra cycling ,heard from a friend that theyve some fantastic new routes theyve just dicovered and are fantastic to ride , and the nightlife in Fuengirola is a great !

gazza100

Ciclo Montana here.

Bream
    Free Member

Switch-Backs get my vote, been out with them this year and will be returning as soon as possible. I really like the area and Michael who runs the show / guides. My trip review is here 8)

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

been with http://www.ridesierranevada.com and had a great week!

The-Beard

Another vote for Freeride Spain, was a while ago since I went out there but we had an excellent time and I would dearly love to go again.

Damn recession… 😡

kimbers
    mogrim

Not sure I'd want to go to BasqueMTB at this time of year – it might be warmer than Scotland, but the rain will just as wet!

Summer, though – definitely.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hi Mogrim, you're quite correct, did you get the recent storm with you?

I've just spotted this thread!! I wouldn't take customers at this time of year, we closed in the middle of October and will open again in March! I love riding when it's stormy but I wouldn't ask people to pay for that privilege 😉

The storms are great at the moment, I put some photos of a big storm hitting San Sebastian on my site Stormy San Sebastian

mocha
    Free Member

I like FreeRideSpain so much I'm going for a month next year – can't wait :o)

Potdog
    Free Member

OK, so not mainland Spain, but still Spanish and year round sunshine 29 degrees today. Why not take a look at our trails?

http://www.lavatrax.com

freeridenick
    Free Member

Ciclomontana – mark and jacquie are brill. lovely 400 yearold moorish house with pool. great riding and lunch stops all at a way cheaper price than any of the other operators (smaller groups as well).

tendonitis
    Free Member

Another plug for ridesierranevada. Shaun top class bloke, excellent accomodation and great riding

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Spain guiding recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.