Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Spacer for Sunrace cassette
  • mjsmke

I need a spacer for my Sunrace 12 speed cassette as it fouls the spokes. It came with a few aluminium spacers for between the smallest sprockets but nothing else. I have a few plastic spacers from an NX 1 speed cassette so can mix and match spacers.

Question is, should I use one of the plastic spacers or aluminium spacers behind the cassette? Just seems odd it didn’t come with anything.

trailtom

I had the same issue on some 27.5 wheels I tried using the spacer but that didn’t leave enough thread for the locking ring to tighten up, In the end it got pretty costly with needing a GX cassette and Sram freehub 🤣😂

mjsmke

The spacers seem the right size. The smallest sprocket fits on and the lock ring does up with plenty of thread. Just wondering if the plastic one behind the cassette will be strong enough?

trailtom

Mine did up with the spacer but kept working it self lose, I guess there wasn’t enough thread on the free hub I had.

If yours works can’t be any harm in trying?

1knott4me

Just fitted a sunrace mz90 12 speed cassette to the new crank bros wheels no spacer required.but previously have used one of the many hope shims you get with there headsets .you just need to cut a slot in it to clear over the freehub and as it’s covers 95% of the freehub the cassette still sits perfectly on the body

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.