Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Space for cyclists campaign – is it working?
  • belugabob
    Free Member

Yeah that was my point it looks left hand drive.

Then your point makes no sense.

stevextc
    Free Member

To be fair, that sense of ‘entitlement’ exists with cyclists too, particularly when groups seem to get into training mode and start to treat public roads as training tracks.

It seems universal….

As a parent/childseat person I feel “entitled” to some space in the supermarket .. as a cyclist I feel “entitled” to ride 2 abreast etc.

I expect somewhere to lock a bike at the supermarket… if not then I’m “entitled” to block the entrance…

Just because you CAN doesn’t mean you MUST…

A lot of this seems weird or badly thought out to me… someone with an official disabled status can use the disabled parking… pop into the sports centre for a game of squash and come back out… someone with a broken leg going to watch their OH play some sport has to park at the back if any spaces are left even if the rest of the disabled and parents parking is free… and somehow squeeze out in a narrow space.

It all seems to me like it would be far easier if people could just be considerate.

I have seen a fair few of the “let’s have a head on collision” brigade as well

The other day, no cyclists involved ….
    Woman cuts across and goes the wrong way (wrong side of the road) round a blind bend she must have driven 100m on the wrong side causing oncoming cars to swerve … then stops and picks up her kids parked on double yellow lines on a blind bend to shout at what were presumably her offspring who were trespassing inside a closed school.

I’m pretty certain she felt “entitled” in about 10 different ways.

I stopped (hazards on) and watched the whole thing… (wasn’t going to try and pass whilst cars were having to swerve onto the wrong side)

wilburt
    Free Member

Theres a campaign?

I havent seen it so I doubt the Sun reading **** in 10yrs old German skips have either.

wilburt
    Free Member

But if we are having campaigns can we have one against new cyclists who think they know everything and gob off to other cyclists.

Actually dont bother I’ll just smash their faces in.

Drac

Then your point makes no sense.

Oh! I mean right. 😆

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Came across a blue van driving twunt yesterday morning in the New Forest…

Reasonable wide road, two of us riding abreast (sadly not a 34DD+ 😉 ), no traffic coming the other way on a long straight road (could see for ~200 metres or so).

Said twunt decides it’s too logical to pass us very safely by going on the other side of the road, but coast behind us blasting his horn.

Twunt got a mouthful, after deciding in his world, two abreast was inconsiderate to motor vehicles. Told to re-read the Highway Code and jog on.

If it had been a narrow lane (less than ~1.5 car widths), we would have been happy to pull over. But this road was ~2.5 car widths width, roman road straight with no oncoming traffic for the next ~30+ seconds at the time!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Space for cyclists campaign – is it working?’ is closed to new replies.