Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Space Chicken
  • handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Anyone have any real world experience with this gravel bike?

Not (m)any reviews online other than a magazine.

Obvs the main downside is Planet X CS……

Thanks

plus-one

Yes I’ve had mine around 5 months now. Love it I’ve done lots of all day rides on it 30-80 miles mix of road and gravel/fireroad and proper mtb trails(not it’s forte) but you’ve a mtb for that 😉

No issue with on one always had good service from them. Maybe I’m just lucky ?

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Are they the ‘stock’ tyres it comes with?

I am considering getting the 700c and then using a ‘spare’ set of Hope Hubs as a secondary set (so I can have option of slicker and nobblier) – do you know if this is possible?

Was it as light as you had expected/hoped?

What size / how tall are you?

🙂

Cheers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    plus-one

I bought the wtb resoloutes 42mm and fitted few bling carbon bits 🙂 yes weight was close to quoted out the box. Sure mine is around 9kgs after pimping. I’m 5’11 on medium

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Thanks for the info.

Still can’t decide on their Ti, Mystique or Space Chicken though 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

Mate has a Space Chicken and loves it. He runs 650 rims with the big, fat Panaracer tyres, erm, Gravel Kings (edit: Gravel King SK) I think. They seem to roll really quickly on the road and the extra volume seems to work compared to the 35 tyres on my cross bike when it comes to rougher stuff. I haven’t ridden it as the frame’s too big for me, sorry.

I can’t really tell you much more than that other than that it has a slightly daft name.

plus-one

I had a titanium pickenflick whilst very capable it was on heavy side. Great bike though. I went for the space chicken cause of the daft name and love or hate colour scheme. Glad I did 🙂

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

I went with the Orro Terra 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Space Chicken’ is closed to new replies.