Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Spa weekends in the country
  • Premier Icon Pieface
    Free Member

I’m looking at booking a Spa hotel away, doesn’t matter where but somewhere nice within 3 hours drive of Sheffield. Looked at Lodore falls hotel and Langdale, but as we spend loads of time in the Lakes was wondering if some alternative ideas. Other Lake District suggestions welcome.

Premier Icon Mackem
    Free Member

https://www.fevershamarmshotel.com/
    Havent actually been to this spa, but Helmseley is a nice place in fantastic countryside, take your bike.

Premier Icon mrb123
    Free Member

Rockliffe Hall near Darlington is a great hotel and spa although there’s not a huge amount round there.

Premier Icon lapierrelady

Second the Feversham Arms. The Devonshire Arms near Bolton Abbey is also good (small but good spa). The Low Wood near Bowness has an epic spa, with infinity pool looking up the Langdales. The Titanic Spa near Huddersfield also gets very good reviews, but I’ve not made it there myself yet.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain

Titanic was very much past is heyday last time my o/h went

How country do you want? Rudding park near Harrogate is nice and the spa very good.

Premier Icon Pieface
    Free Member

Thanks, TBH a city break could do, and I may need to manage my expectations as 2 nights in a nice room are pretty pricey!

Premier Icon johndoh
    Free Member

Just outside Harrogate…

Rudding Park

Edit: I should have read the other posts first shouldn’t I? It is very nice though and the food at The Clocktower is very good too.

Premier Icon Tracey

Might be a bit too near but I always think Loose Hill takes some beating. Especially if it can be combined with the taster menu

https://www.losehillhouse.co.uk/spa

Premier Icon scuttler

1/2/3/4th Rudding Park. Hotel is fab, Spa is brilliant but make sure you schedule time for an evening trip when everyone else is smartening up or dining.

Although the flashiest new Spa in town is at Carden Park south of Chester https://www.cardenpark.co.uk/spa/ – so easy to get into borders / Llandegla / Llangollen.

As you mentioned ‘spa’ but not ‘budget’ I assume cost is not an issue 😃

Feversham Arms spa is great too but possibly (unless it’s been done) in need of a refurb. The outside pool is nice. As others said, loads to do around Helmsley.

Premier Icon teaandbiscuit
    Free Member

The Coniston is nice near Skipton – Lake, spa and land rovers https://www.theconistonhotel.com/

Premier Icon MRanger156
    Free Member

Swinton Park near Masham (North Yorkshire) is very nice with some great local walks around their grounds.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain

Swinton and the coniston (coniston cold nr Skipton) both get a Mrs brain thumbs up.

Premier Icon lunge

Losehill House is stunning, I thought the spa was OK but not much more.
    For a foodie/walking/outdoors break though it’s amazing.

Premier Icon grum
    Free Member

Thorpe Park is aight for a not too expensive option. Not been for years but the Low Wood was great when I went. Being in outdoor hot tubs when it’s snowing was pretty sweet.

Premier Icon Riofer
    Free Member

Ragdale Hall near Melton Mowbray is great if you want to head south of Sheffield rather than north. Ye olde bell out near Retford is smaller but good for a day in the spa and overnight stay

Premier Icon northernmatt

Seaham Hall may just squeeze in under the 3 hour mark. Very swish and also very expensive but it’s rather good.

Rockliffe Hall is nearer you but it’s not as nice.

Premier Icon rone
    Free Member

Done Feversham Arms and Swinton.

Swinton was quite old fashioned but in a great spot. Feversham i return to time and time again and has seen some ups and downs in quality but overall a great spot with nice village and good general area.

Spa was looking a bit rough last time I went to Feversham. Pool can be nice.

Premier Icon tuboflard

There’s a spa at Another Place hotel in the Lake District on Ullswater. Lovely hotel, great indoor pool, outdoor tub and options on casual dining or a very good formal dining room. Spent a couple of nights there for my folks golden wedding anniversary and would go back if I could afford the room rate.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.