Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • SouthLakes100 #Jennride 2017 date sorted so if you fancy a great ride and a ….
  • postierich
    Free Member

You do not do Garburn at the beginning but ride 3 rivers instead, ride to Elterwater after ODG through Elterwater Quarry .Iron Keld descent has been added with road climb up to The Druncken Duck. No Cunsey Woods and climb from the Windermere shoreline due to logging so you ride straight to the Tower Bank Arms.
    No Jenkins climb this year but road ride to Mirk Lane to Troutbeck then the climb up Garburn 🙂

martinhutch

Good call. Rode through Cunsey a couple of months back. I reckon there was actual quicksand!

ianpv
    Free Member

+1 to everything being bone dry – did the Lakeland 200 on Sat/Sun and it was in great condition. Windy though!

postierich
    Free Member

How many days Ian and was you bike packing?

ianpv
    Free Member

30 hours Rich, yep, bikepacking with a 5 hour stop. Cracking route.

charliemort

Are there spaces still available? Thanks

nedrapier

Just realised the 200km audax I’ve signed up for is the Sunday after. and another 103 miles for the following Friday. 😕 Something’s going to give!

On the plus side, the road rides are going to be a doddle after this!

So now: Puffin with 4″ JJims or Swift with 100mm Rebas?

postierich
    Free Member

Did reply Charlie mort plenty of room for late entries they might not get a beer at the end only so much I could get 🙂
    A Friend of mine has sorted a t-shirt 12.50 all money after costs going to Charity
    payment@onefgear.co.uk. payment needed before Monday 9am

[url=https://flic.kr/p/UijMKA]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

djflexure

Bike is starting to take shape – wish I could say the same about the rider. Looking forward to a couple of days in the Lakes. My first bike packing trip, not done much cycling this year – what could go wrong 🙂

whitestone
    Free Member

There’s always the pub! 😆

djflexure

I intend to bring beer tokens

binners

Hello there folks. I’m not going to make this. I’m getting married in 3 weeks, and given my track record, I’m barred from anything that might end up with a hospital visit

However, as its a Jennride, I need to maintain a tradition, and something of a duty. I’ve got another one of these done. there are only 4 in existence. Its a Its a metre wide framed print of Stoodley Pike, done in pinks for our Rammy Jennride last year.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/KPNarH]Stoodly Pike panoramic (pinks)[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

I’d like to donate it, and raffle it off. All proceeds going to Jenns charities. But I don’t know the best way to do it. I’m coming up to drop off some stuff at Bike Treks in Ings on Friday, so we’ve decided to stay in Ambleside over the weekend.

Is there any kind of pre-ride social on the Friday? Or any kind of get together where we can do this? Or we could do it as an online thing, and I can give it to the winner at the weekend.

Your thoughts please chaps and chapesses?

Oh… its not as headache-inducingly garish in the flesh as it appears on screen. 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Pre social will be in the Hawkshead Brewery from 6pm on the Friday the do serve food!! how about book of raffle tickets quid a go my other half can run the raffle as she is helping with the sign on might be able to get a few more prizes 🙂

Rich

binners

Cheers Rich! I’ll be there. Just messaged you on FB. I’m coming up on Friday afternoon and will bring the print and raffle tickets up with me

Theres a good few people riding who I’ve not seen for ages, so it’ll be good to see everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘SouthLakes100 #Jennride 2017 date sorted so if you fancy a great ride and a ….’ is closed to new replies.