• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Southern Upland Way
  • rudedog
    Free Member

Did a setion of this yesterday from Portpatrick to New Luce. It was lovely day and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride, I was expecting the worse with the recent heavy rain but there was quite a nice mix of walking paths, singletrack and some fairly technial sections. Pretty much all of it was doable on the bike apart from some of the cliff top paths near Portpatrick.

Anyhow, it got me thinking about doing as much of the whole route as I can in similar ‘stages’ (I don’t really have the free time to do it in bigger chunks) The next stage would be New Luce to Bargrennan so would be interesed to hear if anyone else has done this and what this part is like for biking on.

cheers

rudedog
    Free Member

not a popular route then 😛

Trekster

Possibly doing this bit out of Moffat again next week;

Above Sanquhar nr Wanlockhead;

Have ridden this section all the way to Moffat and then Dumfries.
    I get the train up to Sanquhar and then ride back to Dumfries via Ae forest

Trekster

Southern upland way
    PS..vid link, by forge197;

rudedog
    Free Member

cheers Trekster

user-removed
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking about this too – started a thread a while back which has a few useful tips;

here it is

I’m likely to go for it in one chunk – probably in March next year (I’m a wedding photographer so life will be quiet around then!). Taking the dog and a radio for company 🙂

Waderider
    Free Member

The SUW – so easy you can do it on a loaded tourer.

Well, bits anyhow.

br
    Free Member

I’ve done St Marys Loch across to the eastern side, just short of the coast.

Not hard/technical riding but good all the same – nice remote feeling in parts.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Southern Upland Way’ is closed to new replies.