Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Southern Enduro (Milland) – this Sunday
  • frogstomp

Who’s in?

My first Enduro race for a couple of years and looking forward to some loamy goodness! Hoping I’ve improved since then (to slightly less woeful!).

Tickets available on the day.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Loamy goodness? Have you seen the weather? It’s going to be a bloody swamp!

Only my second SE this year, podiumed the last one so might as well aim for another, although were off to Finale on the Konday night so need to be mindful not to nail myself 🙂

darksideby182

Should be there if my vehicle is sorted today. Yep weather is looking a bit damp.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nedrapier

I wouldn’t go any further than “a bit damp”

https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/hourly-table/2-10099992/United%20Kingdom/England/West%20Sussex/Milland?i=2

0.2mm to 1.2mm an hour over the day, mostly at the lower end.

That’s “wet air” to “very light rain” on my scale.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve seen enough other reports suggesting a boat might be more suitable than a bike….

We shall see.

frogstomp

I’m being optimistic about the showers (but may take a spare set of wheels with different tyres!)..

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Dont want to say I told you so, but….

On a separate note, a day of extremes. Practice bone dry & dusty, funnily enough it was so hard it wasnt all that grippy.

Then it rained, a lot.

First race run was interesting, just to see how much it had changed. Some spots had more grip than expected, other less so.

Good day though. Managed to keep it upright and end up 2nd. Pleased with that on the whole 🙂

nedrapier

Nice one, Hob Nob. Overall or category?

frogstomp

Ha, yeah it did get a bit soggy.. not to the point of being unrideable though thankfully!

Had a great day and finished mid-pack which I was happy enough with.

darksideby182

Actually made it after getting the van back, finished third in male fun had a big stupid off in practice and a not to bad one in the race (bit achey today). From what i hear they didn’t do my category podium until after the series podiums so missed it bit gutted about that. All good fun though and a nice venue.

leegee

I really enjoyed that one, great venue. I decided I’d practiced enough just as the rain came down. Just tried to stay on the bike during the race as I heard of lots of crashes when queueing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Southern Enduro (Milland) – this Sunday’ is closed to new replies.