Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Southern Enduro Champs Exmoor
  • kimbers

Who else is going?

looking like a big one 7? Stages

& It’s gonna be hot!

jam-bo

Yep. Hoping the weather holds.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep, looking forward to it.

Although currently in Morzine and have a cracked frame, so what could possibly go wrong?!

jam-bo

No idea how it’s going to go. Did last year with a busted shoulder and broke my finger in practice. Results showed it.

Not carrying any injuries this year but barely ridden my bike.

Be good if they’ve got permission to go into hopcott this year.

leegee

First time on Exmoor for me, looking forward to it.

How do the stages compare to the other venues? I’m expecting steeper and more tech than Pippingford, but is it likely to be rocky?

jam-bo

based on last year, not very rocky

Pretty steep, loose and loamy in places and flat out woodsy singletrack in others.

theres plenty of rocky stuff on exmoor, just not in the venue unless they’ve found some other bits to race on.

kimbers

Steep & loamy last year

Gonna be mint, but I’m seriously worried about the heat, did 2 hrs this morning before it got too hot & it was sweaty as ….

DrP

DrP and the sarf coast massif’ will be there!!!

It looks like three world and his brother are all in hardtail category!!

I saw your name on the list kimbers… Will swing by and say hi!!!

DrP

Stupid.is
    Free Member

I will be there trying not to be cooked alive or eaten by the course. I kinda feel sorry anyone who will be hitting trails later on down the other as the trail is going to get pretty blown.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Stupid.is they’re pretty blown already! A bit of a shame the first race to use Quadzilla didnt tape the switchbacks and it got a straightline blown through the middle of them, it was such a nice bit of trail that.

If it stays dry then it’ll be very dusty, i had a shorty up front last week and it was perfect in the thick dust.

pictonroad

I’ll be there, except, it clashes with the World Cup final…

so, it sort of depends how Wednesday goes.

superfli
    Free Member

I’ll be there, although also dependent on wc final.

johnny

I’m in. The email from Scott mentioned that they are working on a way to show the football- and much as i’d like to see it, should we have a national interest in the game, loamy steepness, racing and camping take priority!?

orena45

I’ll be there but due to a family commitment, I’m doing the Lite enduro instead of the full fat one. And I can’t get there til Sunday morning so will be riding it blind…as enduros should be 😉

Hopefully see ya there Kimbers 👍

leegee

Saw the email today, no showers. How far is it to the sea to take a dip?

jam-bo

10 min drive, but it’s the Bristol Channel so you won’t get any cleaner…

DrP

I’m taking some Jerry cans and my worx hydroshot… That’s my shower sorted!!

DrP

jam-bo

got some of the long range forecasts showing the weather breaking by the weekend…

Bigmantrials

I was book into the Lite version, however a week after booking it we found out that MrsBigman was pregnant with a due date of the 17th, pretty certain she isn’t keen on me being over 3hrs away on my bike!

So if it is still possible to change enterants and someone wants an entry into the Lite enduro on sunday give me a shout.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I had to go to Minehead after work yesterday so took the bike and did my annual ride there to remind myself it’s not as good as the Quantocks.

The trails are properly dry and dusty, and then there was the flies!!! I wish I’d taken a picture as on the climbs or whenever you stopped all 3 of us had a perfect halo made of flies around our heads.

Some of the trails could do with a few riders down them to knock all the ferns out of the way!

scottfitz
    Free Member

I can confirm the tracks are unbelievably loose, something like a shorty is a good shout. Hopefully the worst of it will get cleared off the tracks with lots of rider.

There will be at least 1 place to watch the football on site Sunday afternoon.

To late for entry swaps BTW.

jam-bo

good job I’ve ridden so little since winter I’ve still got a shorty on…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Currently I have a box of bits, with a frame somewhere between the Netherlands, Trek UK & the shop I ride for. If it turns up on Thursday, I will try and build it in the evening & inbetween ‘working’ from home on Friday & going to a wedding.

Worst case, I’ll be on a borrowed bike. Either that, or I can run down the tracks, right?

Tyre choice is the least of my worries this weekend it would seem!

scottfitz
    Free Member

I find it had to believe you don’t have 2 bikes, you need a fun(non carbon) hardtail.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

<span style=”display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: transparent; color: #222222; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 22.4px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;”>I find it had to believe you don’t have 2 bikes, you need a fun(non carbon) hardtail</span>

I do have a HT, but it is also missing some bits currently!

Basically, i’m not winning, when it comes to bikes right now…

weeksy

Hob-Nob.

You can use a T-130 if you want mate. You’ll have to come to Berks to get it though.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

@weeksy – Thank you for the offer, I’ve got a borrowed bike from the shop worst case, and i’d be far to worried about breaking something on someone elses bike!

I’m still hoping to have something built in the nick of time…

superfli
    Free Member

Well my decision on going and racing or not has become a lot simpler!

jam-bo

Missing practice for the losers final? 😉

kimbers

Yay superfi, when you arriving, what you doing for food etc?

I’ll be taking my mini BBQ

superfli
    Free Member

Screw the losers final lol!

I was planning on taking some bbq food and crash in on someone’s bbq… 🙂 I’m going light, was just going to take a kettle, burner and coffee. I’m not sure what time I’ll get there, got kid arrangements to sort out, will txt you.

leegee

It’d be nice to watch the DH world cup Saturday afternoon, Practice can wait for a bit.

DrP

Superfli/ Kimbers….

We’re coming up from Sussex with a couple of BBQs and such… keep an eye out for our huge green tent, a truck on stilts, and a really distinct grey Octavia….!

DrP

Stupid.is
    Free Member

So who likes steep and tight then?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlIFR4NA84q/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

How the hell do you embedded something in this thing?!?

jam-bo

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlIFR4NA84q/

thats where i broke my finger on saturday morning last year…

jam-bo

and that corner is way steeper than it looks there.

Stupid.is
    Free Member

I look forward to a face first landing then!

canopy
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””></div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

I had to go to Minehead after work yesterday so took the bike and did my annual ride there to remind myself it’s not as good as the Quantocks.

The trails are properly dry and dusty, and then there was the flies!!! I wish I’d taken a picture as on the climbs or whenever you stopped all 3 of us had a perfect halo made of flies around our heads.

Some of the trails could do with a few riders down them to knock all the ferns out of the way!
    <div class=”bbp-reply-author”>
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””></div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

</div>
    </div>

since had the littleun almost a year ago not made it back up to hopcott/dunster wood whatever people call it. agree quantocks better, but some nice quantocks trails – like the seven wells wood one are also a fight through ferns (this sat just gone).. fwiw the small pocket of trails at rowberrow beat the hopcott lot too..

jam-bo

So what’s the deal with seeding. Does that just determine the time you set off in the morning, or do we have a defined starting order/time at each stage?

mark90
    Free Member

fwiw the small pocket of trails at rowberrow beat the hopcott lot too..

I’m struggling to see what Rowberrow has that’s better than the trails in/around Hopcott. But then I prefer Hopcott over Quantocks too. All good riding though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Southern Enduro Champs Exmoor’ is closed to new replies.