Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • South west mini bus hire with driver to carry bikes.
  • robw1
    Free Member

Trying to arrange a mini bus hire to take 6 of us from Bristol to Plymouth with bikes for the start of a tour. We would get the train but its only possible to book 2 bikes on the train. Anyone done this / used a mini bus company from anywhere in between Bristol and Plymouth that you could recommend?

thanks

jam-bo

never used them but seen this lot advertising a bit locally.

https://thebikebus.co.uk/

robw1
    Free Member

thanks JAm bo. have messaged them.

Marko

We did Fishguard to Bristol  a couple of years ago and hired a crew cab Van on a one way hire. All the bikes and 5 of us in the Van. 2 caught the train. I didn’t do the organising, but this was the cheapest option at the time.

robw1
    Free Member

Marko, yes looking at this too. Small VW van to get the bikes and two people in and the rest by train. one-way hire is bloody pricey tho.

monkeyboyjc

I could do it in my 7 seat taxi….. But would have nowhere for bikes. Could do four with three on a rack and one in boot at a push, but then no luggage space……
    Not gonna be cheap mind.

robw1
    Free Member

Monkeybovic

there might only be 5 of us. There isnt going to be any luggage really. we are all travelling very light (either a framebag, small rucksack or single pannier each). what vehicle do you have? How much approx. would you charge?

monkeyboyjc

I’ll DM you….

monkeyboyjc

@robw1 no idea why but stw isn’t letting me DM

It’s a nissan nv200 7 seat. So one in the front, three in the mid seats and one in the back.

If it’s minimal luggage you may get two bikes inside with the wheels off…. Other three on a rack on the back. I’ve a saris bones 3 bike….

Your basically looking at around £300, I’d be coming down from Stroud…..

However if it’s next year, I’m pausing my taxi work in Jan until trade picks up.

oikeith

Have you considered the Falcon coach which runs from Bristol to Plymouth? Will have lots of space underneath so I dont see why it couldnt take lots of bikes. I’ve been on it once, leather seats, air con and wifi so better than the train IMO!

robw1
    Free Member

HI Monkey. thanks. I will keep that in mind. could be a good option. will check with the others to make sure its only 5 of us.

Squirrel

We used MSC Coach Hire twice to get 6 of us and our bikes and luggage back the start of multi-day rides in Devon. The first time they rocked up in a small single-decker bus with loads of wheelchair space which was perfect for the bikes. The second time they brought a mini-bus, and getting the bikes in was a bit of a challenge. Drivers were good and very helpful, and the price (split between 6) was reasonable.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘South west mini bus hire with driver to carry bikes.’ is closed to new replies.