Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • South Wales dirt jump spots?
  • sam_underhill

I’ll be riding BPW / Afan etc next week.  I’ll have the jump bike with me as well for some spots on the way.  Any places worth a visit, I’ll be staying just south of Aberdare?

Kamakazie

Not sure what there is further up the valleys but Van Road jumps near Caerphilly has a great setup with progressively larger runs.

milky1980
    Free Member

There are some at Radyr, near the cricket club, but Van Rd is the main spot I think.  Just bear in mind that Van Rd always gets a bit rough around this time of year, certainly looked it when I was there a week ago!  A combination of the soil not being great in dry times (this year has really hit it hard) and all the kids being off means it wears.  I don’t think there’s much maintenance going on there currently though as there are plenty of plants growing on bits of the trails there and the beginner jump lines are distinctly lacking in lips.  They are advertising for their annual Dual Slalom race in October though so the place definitely isn’t abandoned.  Check their Facebook page if you want more info.

molgrips
    Free Member

Van Rd is also official, the only one I know of.

When you planning on jumping?  I could use the practice…

sam_underhill

Thanks peeps. Van road looks great on the satellite view!

Molegrips – probably weds or Thursday next week I imagine.

shrimp
    Free Member

What about cwmcarn its about 20 miles from Aberdare. http://www.mbwales.com/agents/cwmcarn/

sam_underhill

There’s dirt jumps at cwmcarn? Never seen them before.

shrimp
    Free Member

I’ve never been to cwmcarn but I’ve heard people say it’s good so I thought it might me something different.

rob8624
    Free Member

Moos jumps in Clyne, Swansea. Some good mtb trails there also.

IdleJon

Moos jumps in Clyne, Swansea. Some good mtb trails there also.

I don’t know much about dirt jumping, or the etiquette thereof, but I do ride Clyne a lot. I’d suggest that if you want to ride Moos you contact the builders and check that they are ok with it. Most of the time these jumps are covered in tarps to protect them from the weather. The guys who dig there put a huge amount of work into them.

The MTB trails are always open though, and yes, there are a lot and they are very good.

rob8624
    Free Member

Yea good point, actually.

catfood
    Free Member

Round the back of Tesco, Gabalfa, they look a bit pony mind you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘South Wales dirt jump spots?’ is closed to new replies.