• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by dyls.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • South Snowdonia / Dolgellau / Barmouth
  • chevychase

Stopping near Barmouth south of the Mawddach this weekend and fancy riding something other than Brenin or Cadair.

Anyone got suggestions for natural riding in that area? Also, is nant yr arian worth it?

martinhutch

Pont Scethin would be the obvious. Nant is a mixture of decent ‘trail centre’ type singletrack and more XC-style farm tracks and even a bit of tarmac. I like it a lot, but it’s not for everyone.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Yeah Pont Scethin a good choice, the long loop out into the countryside at NyA is great too. But if you don’t enjoy remote bridleways and farm tracks don’t bother! There are some really fun sections out in the middle of nowhere, I loved it!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scandal42
    Free Member

Rode Nant-yr-arian on Monday.

I love the place, some seriously good singletrack descents and varied riding.

Definitely feels more natural compared to many trail centres.

chevychase

Interesting. Anyone got a gpx for Pont scethin?

nickjb
    Free Member

Yep. Nant has a nice natural feel to it and feels properly wild in places. Its not that near barmouth though. You can access the same area from Machynlleth via the 3 Mach trails. Also natural and wild. Dyfi forest is worth an explore too

tmb467
    Free Member

[url=https://www.ibikeride.com/gps-routes/viewtrack/44-the-mawddach-estuary-and-pont-scethin-mtb-gpx-route]Pont Scethin[/url]

Did Nant y Arian and Pont Scethin a few yeara ago – camped in Dolgellau and did PS from there (as in this gpx )

martinhutch

Anyone got a gpx for Pont scethin?

This might do the job.

Pont Scethin

vmgscot

I know you mentioned ‘not’ Cadair but have you done it starting from Barmouth? It was a meaty day out for us but you head up past the Blue Lake and over the hills south of Fairbourne past Nant Caw BEFORE attempting Cadair.

Partway back down Cadair then we returned on a loop that included a little cheeky pushing back along a ridge NW of Trawsfynydd hill and back down to Fairbourne/Barmouth. Don’t have a gpx as it was paper maps but options were fairly obvious on 1/25k.

chevychase

That does sound good, but taking the missus so a shorter day out is in order 😉

Ta all 🙂

dyls

Its been wet here the last week so I’m not sure I’d attent Pont Scething this weekend. Weather supposed to improve tomorrow though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘South Snowdonia / Dolgellau / Barmouth’ is closed to new replies.