Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • South Oxon/ Reading- Group rides anyone?
  • johnny

I’ve recently found that a combination of DIY, kids, emigration, etc has decimated my usual selection of local riding contacts around where i live.

Anyone on here have any idea of regular group rides in the Reading/South Oxon/Chilterns area? I used to ride with the Mountain High Tuesday night bunch, and their pace suited me, but having closed down that is defunct. midweek evening rides or dads-with-kids oriented weekend rides(ie, early-ish) would be ideal.

Any suggestions? And if not, anyone in the Pangbourne area want to go riding?

br
    Free Member

Northern Chilterns (Wendover) on Wednesday night, any good for you?

singletracksurfer

the (ex) mtn high group still do rides.
    can’t think of the website tho but if you have any of their emails try them.

also http://www.roughrideguide.co.uk do some from and around reading as well, but not so regular.

johnny

erm… that might be a tough call for week nights- it’s about an hour away! what sort of time? Do you do weekends?

I’d love to get some local knowledge- We tend to ride up to the M40 area and not much beyond. email in profile if you’re up for weekend trail guide/swap?

rob2
    Free Member

Nick(sheck on here) and I both live in cholsey. Nick knows more trails than I do. Try to get out once each weekend children and time permitting. evenings more difficult due to kids.

Nice bike friendly cafe in cholsey too (blatant plug as the owner:-) )

rob2
    Free Member

We both have young kids <2 so early rides no problem…. I was out at 7.37am on Saturday!

johnny

I will have a search of my past emails then- thanks for the info. Anyone ever ridden with reading CTC offroad?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

mate of ours set up freewheeling in abingdon a year or so ago off the back of a one-off ride, which has taken off and seems to have gone from strength to strength.

http://www.abingdonfreewheeling.org.uk/

not sure if they have an off-road contingent?

johnny

rob2- i’m stuck on the slowest computer imaginable right now- I live in Whitchurch. Let me know if you’re going out, and i’ll do vice-versa. (email in profile) i’m busy Saturday, hoping to get out Sunday. -7.30 ish is do-able, if painful!

pete68
    Free Member

Hi, I’m not far away at hampstead norreys (other side of the Thames). Generally ride on my own these days to similar reasons to you. Happy to meet up sometime if you’re interested. And robs cafe is good too! 😀

I ride with Reading CTC off-road. We go out on Wednesday evening and Sundays. There are also Sunday rides around 1-2 times a month at 9am colloquially known as the Dads’ ride as it gets back to Reading before lunch. Check out http://www.readingctc.co.uk/

cheers

Ian

TimS
    Free Member

I go out with a bunch from Upton in the Chilterns on a Thursday night. Leaves the George and Dragon on the main road at 19:15. I haven’t been riding with them long, but it’s a regular thing and will go on all winter.

mtbfix

I live over the river, in Whitchurch,and if you fancy meeting up for a loop some time drop me an email.

timhenney at hotmail dot com

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Used to live in Tidmarsh and Tilehurst, so used to use Mountain Trax when they first opened and used to ride with them too. Is the shop still trading, as drove past there recently and seemed like buisness as usual. I now live in Thatcham and ride in the week and on a Sunday am with local guys here, but do the Goring run from Pangbourne sometimes, as is great riding out there.

straightlinemike
    Free Member

Thanks 5am! I often ‘lead’ that Tuesday night ride in Swinley, the Facebook group from your link is a good place to find other riders for ad-hoc rides. Theres also a ride this Sunday morning – all welcome!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘South Oxon/ Reading- Group rides anyone?’ is closed to new replies.