Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • South of France in April?
  • professor_fate
    Free Member

Hi folks,
    Looking for some (hopefully) decent weather for riding early April, so South of France looks best as i want to road-trip with camping kit etc. Visited Sospel several years back so would be interesting for a re-visit, although the Languedoc region looks interesting too. Any experiences at that time of year – i’ve always visited much later in the year…

ocrider

The Languedoc in April can be a roll of the dice for weather conditions. Be prepared for blue skies and temperatures in the high teens one day and a total washout the next.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

We did a climbing trip to Provence area in late March a while ago and it was great. Bit chilly some days, but very dry.

I’d been watching the webcams on ventoux for weeks beforehand as I was hoping to do that too on our rest day. In the end it snowed slightly the week before so there was a scattering of snow on the southern road near the summit, but not an issue. The northern road was still a green ski piste!

Sandwich

Southern Spain should be properly warm at that time, somewhere like Jerez or Seville would be my starting point.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.