Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • South Manchesteristas – Asian supermarket recommendations
  • IHN

We need to restock on unusual chutneys, obscure dried pulses and head-meltingly hot dried noodles. I assume there’s got to be a good selection of Asian supermarkets between Stockport and Manchester on the A6, any particular recommendations>

mikeyp

Manchester superstore in longsight fits the bill
    M12 4jj
    Double park for the authentic experience

beagle
    Free Member

Double park for the authentic experience

Hehe! Sooo right

fossy

I generally go into China Town !

mrchrispy

LOL @ double park comment 😀

Tom-B
    Free Member

Lolz!

Prior to Covid I was unaware of Longsight….que me getting a supermarket delivery job and I now regular drive through there en route to Manchester….always good fun 😳

mrchrispy

if I ever feel my life is dull and needs some excitement I just re-route my commute through Rusholme and Longsights

stcolin
    Free Member

Yip, rode through there the other day. Quite the place!

binners

if I ever feel my life is dull and needs some excitement I just re-route my commute through Rusholme and Longsights

Cheetham Hill is always good for a similar Mariokart experience

IHN

As thrilling as the traffic discussion is, anyone want to have a pop at answering the original question?

stcolin
    Free Member

Yes, bottom of New Bury Road too. Real eye opener.

ollie_the_brave
    Free Member

We need to restock on unusual chutneys, obscure dried pulses and head-meltingly hot dried noodles. I assume there’s got to be a good selection of Asian supermarkets between Stockport and Manchester on the A6, any particular recommendations

Manchester Superstore on Ayres Rd, Old Trafford fits the bill. Big, cheap and efficient. Superb selection. Easy parking etc etc

binners

Good call. And while you’re there, nip in to the Spices of Kashmir a few doors down for the best chicken tikka kebabs in the known universe.

ollie_the_brave
    Free Member

Even better call, Spices is great!

If in Rusholme, visit Rusholme Chippy for one of Manchester’s best lamb kebabs. The place looks like nothing but produces some of the finest kebabs known to humanity…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘South Manchesteristas – Asian supermarket recommendations’ is closed to new replies.