Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • South Exmoor Riding – any hidden treasures?
  • bertweaval
    Free Member

Talk to me people, I’m a regular rider of the quantocks and have ridden quite a few times around Dunkers, Horner woods etc. but am looking for some loops closer to our new home around North Molton. I’ve been spying the OS but does anyone have any ‘go to’ places that are worth checking?

Thanks,

Bert

Si
    Free Member

Dartmoor!!

Aidan
    Free Member

A little west of what you asked for, but I live over that way (just outside Barnstaple):

http://www.strava.com/activities/111633374

I’m relatively new to the area so just expanding my knowledge to encompass N Moulton area as well.

ceepers

There’s lots of fun stuff north of the link road and around the coast from braunton to lynmouth although most routes involve a bit of road linkage.

Speak to the guys at the Southfork shop in braunton!

ceepers

Ps vertebrates sw mountain biking has good routes

Valley if the rocks, doone valley and withy pool ones all pretty close to you!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member
    snaps
    Free Member

I’ve done a couple of good routes starting in Molland & we were shown a good route by two brothers from Dulverton that took in Tarr steps & some great wooded singletrack.

bertweaval
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, I’m interested in the molland trails as they are really close. Took the dog for a walk around Tarr Steps and also looks like there’s good scope – haw ridge is a mammoth hill so if there’s a single track footpath it could an epic descent.

bertweaval
    Free Member

Hawkridge* ^

snaps
    Free Member

Drop me an email if you want the route.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘South Exmoor Riding – any hidden treasures?’ is closed to new replies.