Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • South Downs Way – Accomodation recommend please (4 riders)
  • Brian4
    Free Member

Hello, can anyone recommend some good accomodation near to SDW tracks please ? 4 of us, 3 nights in October, prefer B&B. Got a fantastic recommend from this Forum for hotel near Sheffield last trip, wonder if anyone has similar tip for SDW please. arround or in Lewes would be good, but open to ideas. Thanks, Brian

br
    Free Member

We did the SDW over the weekend, and over-nighted at the YHA at Truleigh Hill.

Brian4
    Free Member

Thanks 'b r' we'll put that one on the option list. On past trips we've pushed the boat out a bit and gone for pub B&B or small hotel. At the right price we'd like to do same again. Thanks, B

Cooroo
    Free Member

We stayed at http://www.complyns.co.uk/ for our first night – about 4 miles out of Winchester, and slap bang on the trail. Very friendly lady. Dogs.

Then in Washington at Holt House – amazing welcome, meal with wine included as pub was shut. That's almost bang on halfway.

Camping also available in Washington which we used when Mr Cooroo was riding solo and I was supporting.

Previous trip we used Pear Tree Cottage in Midhurst, which was quite a long ride off the trail, or felt like it. But we got a little house to ourselves which was nice. And 2nd night http://www.castleinnhotel.co.uk/ at Bramber Castle, quaint but somehow lacking in real character. Perfectly adequate though.

Brian4
    Free Member

Great, thanks Cooroo.
    I've been chatting to the other 3 lads and they say we are going to base ourselves in or around Lewes (there's a great brewery in or near Lewes I believe) and do chunks of SDW from there. A hotel or B&B within reach of the brewery or good real ale pub would be good. Cheers, Brian

Brian4
    Free Member

Lewes – can anyone recommend a farmhouse B&B within 10 miles of Lewes where we could stay please ? 4 office dwellers in their 40's, looking to stay 9, 10 + 11 October. Suggestions please. Thanks. Brian ❓

Brian4
    Free Member

Thanks for your help, we have booked some near Cooksbridge, 3 miles outside Lewes. Cheers, Brian 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘South Downs Way – Accomodation recommend please (4 riders)’ is closed to new replies.