South Downs locals – trail conditions for double attempt…?

Home Forum Bike Forum South Downs locals – trail conditions for double attempt…?

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • South Downs locals – trail conditions for double attempt…?
  • m1kea

We tagged onto the back of the BHF ride (well 2.5 hours afterwards) and got away with a light covering of rain.

Unfortunately I can’t use that as an excuse for my pliss poor ride (2 hours slower than last year) and despite it being my 8th SDWiaD, as brakes said, don’t underestimate the hills.

#mustdomoreridingbeforehand

Does anyone know if Neill Newell is still looking after the SDD website?

Premier Icon brassneck
    Subscriber

gratz OP, that’s one hell of a ride.

Nice write up DrP too, but you can explain the Tripster to my missus 🙂

Anyone know if there is a cheaper non TI version around, or in the pipeline? Ti is a bit smart for my do it all bike, nice as it’d be!

Premier Icon pedalhead
    Subscriber

Thanks Brassneck 🙂

Mike…Neil & Rory seem to be looking after the website together, although I think plans are afoot for a refresh of the site.

Premier Icon pedalhead
    Subscriber

Hi all. In case anyone’s interested, I’ve typed up an account of my SDD ride here:

South Downs Double – It’s all about the small print

Cheers 🙂

<cap doff>

Bloody good effort sir.

I’ve been meaning to do just a single SDW effort for years as no way would I even sniff at the double. It’s pretty unforgiving terrain at times, especially with pretty much no cover from the sun.

Maybe I’ll have a go next year!

</cap doff>

Premier Icon pedalhead
    Subscriber

Thanks Spacemonkey 🙂 Definitely worth riding this route…it’s lovely!

Aye, it is indeed lovely. But lovely in sections (I grew up in the ‘foothills’) and perhaps not so lovely in 200m stretches!

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘South Downs locals – trail conditions for double attempt…?’ is closed to new replies.