Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • sounds like i need more soul!
  • ceepers

So in the face of overwhelming evidence i am coming to the conclusion that i need to face facts. I shouldn’t have listened to the spotty yoof in my semi local BS, i bought the wrong size frame. Doh!

Happily this gives me an excuse to sell purchasing the right size frame to “her indoors” and bag some reynolds steel in the process

I’m very tempted to get a mk3 cotic soul. No chance to demo one this way but everything i’ve read points toward it being a good choice for round here. Cy has been super helpful by email so far in this regard.

So two questions, first, if i get a soul frame can anyone think of anything obvious apart from the seatpost that wont port straight over from my genesis core? I have a tapered steerer in it already so i’m hoping the headset and bb will fit? It’s definately a case of keeping the initial cost down and then upgrading smaller bits on the sly later!

Second any opinions on the value of a 2012 core frame 17.5″ if i sell it afterwards?

It’s in good condition, couple of paint scuffs and a small dent in the top tube but all normal wear and tear!

thanks in advance

TimCotic
    Free Member

There are usually medium Souls on Ebay – I wouldn’t worry too much about having the mk.3 unless you’re set on dropper post.

ceepers

Yeah I checked there’s a mint one on there now

I need a small though and seems like there aren’t as many of those around!

ceepers

Edit

I have a tapered steerer fork already I assumed that would only fit the newer frame?

martinhutch

Much as it pains me to say so (because I was coveting it), there was a small on sale on the classifieds here a few pages back.

EDIT: only the newest frame will take the fork, I think.

svalgis
    Free Member

Yeah, you’ll need the newest version for that steerer to work.

ceepers

I’ve identified another issue. My existing front mech is down pull but the soul routing is top pull. Is there a way of easily adapting my mech or is it easier to buy a new one?

Any idea what the core frame would be worth?

metalheart
    Free Member

ceepers: if your mech is dual pull it won’t matter. the soul is about the only cotic that you can run a top swing on (I have a brand new boxed one that wouldn’t fit on my solaris or rocket…).

Whats the mech, does it have a bottom pull arm (i.e. the cable runs up behind the mech before dropping over and bolted at the front?). Think most shimano’s are dual pull, dunno bout sram.

ceepers

It’s 2012 shimano m430 which I think is alivio and so I guess will be dual pull!

I’ll have a peer at the bike later!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘sounds like i need more soul!’ is closed to new replies.