Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Soundbar question – help please!
  • johndoh
    Free Member

I am considering buying a new soundbar to replace the entry-level LG thing we currently have. However I am concerned that the place I will be siting it will compromise the sound quality as it will be placed at the front of a shelf of a TV cabinet similar to this…

Specifically I am looking at getting a Sonos Arc and I am just wondering if the sound design of it (ie, with sound coming out of the side ports of the bar) will be effected by it being inside the unit and I would end up throwing money away on something I wouldn’t really hear the benefit of?

oceanskipper

Maybe look at a SONOS Playbase as you can stand the TV on top?

Also if you put the bar where that Sky box/bowl of fruit is, then run the SONOS Truplay setup I doubt you will notice any ill effects… In fact some might even say it will sound better enclosed in a unit like that…

ta11pau1

The arc has up and side firing speakers so yes you really want it on top of something.

That saying, you’ll only get dolby atmos (up firing) over earc, does your TV even have this?

johndoh
    Free Member

That saying, you’ll only get dolby atmos (up firing) over earc, does your TV even have this?

It supports Atmos and some bundles I have seen it being sold as state the soundbar supports earc so I *assume* that means that it does.

ta11pau1

Actually it seems some streaming apps only need arc not earc for atmos. Worth checking that your TV can pass it through the arc/earc port though.

mashr

Place it in front (or behind) the TV?

johndoh
    Free Member

Place it in front (or behind) the TV?

I am not sure that would get past the interior designer wife.

ta11pau1

Show her the alternative, ie floor standers with a massive amp and she’ll come round 😁

sharkattack

I would like some kind of speaker to fit into a unit similar to that. Something forward facing, doesn’t have to be a ‘soundbar’. Open to recommendations.

FuzzyWuzzy

@sharkattack If budget allows then a Naim Mu-So 2 would work well in that sort of location (as both a TV soundbar and music streamer/speaker)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Soundbar question – help please!’ is closed to new replies.