Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Soul to Solaris – how much difference will I notice?
  • FOG

I have been hankering after a Solaris for a while to replace my Soul but in a rare moment of financial prudence I am wondering how much difference I will notice for my outlay on forks and wheels as well as frame.
    The only real issue in my mind is going 27.5+ at some time which would obviously sell me the soul but I have a 29er FS with huge clearance that could take 29+ or 27.5+.
    So is there enough difference to make the outlay worth it?

roverpig

If you have a FS 29er could you just pick up a second hand Solaris frame and transfer all the bits over to see how you like it? If it doesn’t suit then you shouldn’t have much trouble moving the frame on for pretty much what you paid for it.

FOG

Hmm you think to much like me! One plan was to move fork and wheels from the FS and the brakes ,drive train and finishing kit from the Soul for a trial!
    This will end in financial tears because I am sure I will end up buying bits to keep all three rolling!

roverpig

Yeah, but you don’t admit to that yet 🙂

soulwood
    Free Member

I used to regularly ride a Soul, one of the best bikes I ever had, until I put some suspension forks on my Solaris I had running rigid forks. Foo kin’ fast is what I would say. It takes awhile to get properly dialled in but if you already have a 29 FS then you’ll be reet.

6079smithw
    Free Member

FOG – Member
    I have a 29er FS with huge clearance that could take 29+ or 27.5+.
    So is there enough difference to make the outlay worth it?

What bike is that??? Sounds good

FOG

Giant Trance X29er. Mind you this is just on me sticking fingers down chain stays etc , nothing scientific like measurements. It will definitely take 27.5+ and there seems an awful lot of room with 29×2.25 Smorgasbords fitted.

jonnyv
    Free Member

I went from Soda to Solaris,poor Soda,much ignored.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Soul to Solaris – how much difference will I notice?’ is closed to new replies.