Soul single run gear cable advice please

Home Forum Bike Forum Soul single run gear cable advice please

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Soul single run gear cable advice please
  • mooose

Drilling is obviously a one-way process, but should be fine otherwise. Not sure if it affects warranty depending on how new etc.

I just do zip ties (no messing).

Premier Icon StirlingCrispin
    Subscriber

I just do zip ties.

You can also get cable guides for the existing slots, but I’ve never got round to using them.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BBB-Hydroclamp-x2-Hydraulic-Brake-or-Gear-Hose-Cable-Guides-/330958253172

chives

Were you using the XTR booted cable outers in your split cable set-up? I was initially sceptical about the Soul’s set up, having used continuous outers on a previous bike (with cable ties!) – but stuck with the XTR split set-up and it’s been flawless for best part of 700 miles thus far. I couldn’t bring myself to drill out and ruin the finish on a perfectly good frame! 🙂

Stevet1

Drilling isn’t as one way as you’d think. You can get ferrules that fit in cable guides for full cable outers and provide stops.

Premier Icon fathomer
    Subscriber

I use these (with cable oilers) on mine and have had no issues.

Premier Icon Scapegoat
    Subscriber

Two very very wet rides in Scotlandshire have convinced me that my Soul needs a continuous run of gear outer, so….. is it simply a case of drilling the existing cable stops to feed it through, or are there pitfalls? Aesthetics apart, is it acceptable to just zip-tie it in place or join it to the brake hose to control it…..?

Premier Icon Scapegoat
    Subscriber

Hmm, plenty to go at there. Those Kable waterproofing kits, do the nosed ferrules fit 4mm cable outers?

Next, those BB guides look promising, might order those as the waterproof ferrules kits are on back order at wiggle.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Soul single run gear cable advice please’ is closed to new replies.