Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Soul on horizon …yaayyyy
  • LoveTubs
    Free Member

Typically 10 years behind the rest of the world but the old bike is now in bits getting ready for ebay; to fund my Cotic purchase.

I’ve wanted one of these ever since I clocked one….must be 4 years ago…maybe more.

Whoooo hoooo

🙂

iainc

Yeah, but is it a real one or a 27.5 ? 😆

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Ha, you can’t imagine the deliberation (still ongoing) iainc 🙄

Solaris….but will I loose out on flickability(??)

26er….laughed out of the shire/fail to keep up with all the 29ers as they instantly faster riders due to the larger circ. 😆

Or, as the reviews seem to suggest (ok, the single review I found that side-by-side-ed 26er vs 27.5 [which is 26.8 by all accounts] vs 26er) the perfect all-rounder that shares the merits of both sizes = 27.5

If money were no object, I think I’d go for a new 27.5 …………..I think.

iainc

I have a 26 that was put together from scratch in may last year so know your situation 😀 .If it was now I’d go 27.5 too, not for any improvement in ride or feel, just to future poof, but why, really… Unless you’re selling it makes chuff all difference I guess !

slackboy

Cotic have £100 off duck egg frames for today (27th) only.

Northwind

I loved my 26 inch Soul… Eventually I sold it to get something a bit more descendy, but everything else still got compared to it which is basically a recipe for dissatisfaction because there’s almost nothing else that can stand up to that. Took a titanium Ragley to match it (but not beat it)

The 650b Soul is, well, basically the same tbh. I could tell it was 650b because of the enormous logos on the tyres, I wouldn’t have known by riding it. Maybe if I’d had a longer go, maybe not.

adsh
    Free Member

I built one last year for winter duties – what a bike. Now I’m more into XC I’ve built up a Curtis29er and the Soul is moving on but I will keep the Simple.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I’ve just got one of the tapered head tube soul’s with proper size wheels, don’t need any of that 27.5 rubbish 😉

I’ve built it up with 120mm Reba’s, wide bars, short stem, dropper etc. It climbs almost as well as my lightweight xc hardtail and I’ve only ridden it in muddy conditions so far but it feels really good going downhill too. Definitely lives upto the reviews 8)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Soul on horizon …yaayyyy’ is closed to new replies.