Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Soul Forks 120mm – Fox or RS?
  • 5thumbs
    Free Member

My Soul got nicked from mygarage by some scroats (along with my zesty( about a month ago and I’m just about to start piecing together a new one.

On the subject of forks any recommendations as to which is best between Reba 120 or Fox 32 F120s? Aiming for maxle bolt through and dont want to spend more than £400. Merlin seem to have good price on the Foxs – £350

thanks

bill65
    Free Member

I have Reba rlt 120mm on my soul, they work very well.

GW
    Free Member

How long do you keep forks for and how well do you look after them?

Vortexracing

the sid 120 with the 15mm may also be an option

Only 3lbs !!!

5thumbs
    Free Member

How long do you keep forks for and how well do you look after them?

GW – er….I assume one or the other requires greater/more frequent maintenance? I had both on separate bikes for about 2 yrs before they both got nicked.

In that time I serviced the Rebas (got em second hand so reckoned they probably needed it) but the Fox’s were fine.

Your point is?

jambalaya
    Free Member

According to the manufacturer the Fox’s would need to be serviced more than once a year

Brown
    Free Member

Rockshox also ‘need’ to have a lower leg service every 50 hours. I just had a warranty claim refused on a 4 month old set of Revelations because I’d only serviced them once in this time…

I’ve run Revs and Floats set at 120 on my Soul (so not quite the forks you’re looking for). In my experience, Fox forks are twangier, but have much better damping.

cy

If you’ve ridden both, in my opinion it comes down to which one you prefer the feel of. I’d ridden some Rock Shox over the last year on the Solaris after a few years on Fox on everything else and I just don’t get on with them. Can’t tune the feel to make them work as I want, whereas the Fox I just seem to pump them up, dial the rebound and they’re where I like them. I know plenty of people who are the complete opposite.

brakes
    Free Member

definitely down to personal preference as Fox have a distinct feel compared to other forks – mainly their very linear spring rate which some (including me) don’t like and prefer the ramp up at the end of the stroke that other forks, including Rockshox, give

continuity
    Free Member

Also if you’re comparing the higher end forks; RS are a TON easier to do a full service on than fox.

timnwild

I asked the Cotic folks for a recommendation once and Paul came down firmly on the side of RS, but then I’ve seen plenty of Foxs fitted to their bikes in publicity photos, so…

Paul’s view was that Fox were just too expensive to service for UK riders because they we get so much dirt and water in em. I’ve got Revs set at 130mm on mine, just bought from on-one for £400. Love em.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Soul Forks 120mm – Fox or RS?’ is closed to new replies.