Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Sorry, titanium road bikes, which one??
  • howarthp

I’ve had a few Ti bikes and currently own a Seven Axiom SL and a Lynskey Sportive (for winter duties). The Lynskey is surprisingly good in comparison to the Seven. I also own a ‘pro’-oriented carbon road bike and both Ti bikes compare very favourably in terms of comfort and stiffness

sundaywobbler

Another thing about the litespeed is that the stack and reach measurments are extremely close to my requirements, like 6mm!

It would also allow me to have some cash for chris king bits!!

jameso

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/road/sportive/equilibrium-ti

Less racy angles than some (a + to me) but the revised 2014 ti frame looks great. I still spend a lot of time on my 520 crmo version.

John_Key
    Free Member

I second Fatbirds in Norfolk for a place to buy a road or cross bike.

sundaywobbler

Why oh did I find that litespeed on sale at Evans, it’s been in my basket I don’t know how many times today!

At that price I could even put some very fancy wheels on it too!!

campfreddie
    Free Member

Moots is for people who shop in John Lewis. Absolutely nothing wrong with any of it, but not the most inspired choice for the well-healed pedaler.

If you really want to blow the budget, I would go down the Baum route. Alternatively Funk do a titanium road bike frame which is luuurvly.

Personally, I”m go into sell my wife into prostitution for a Baum

(Nothing wrong with a Planet X though)
    (The Deda titanium frame is also quite tasty for reasonable cash)

NJA

These are high on my wishlist at the moment –

http://www.baldwintitanium.co.uk/

Custom Built TI mmmm

adsh
    Free Member

Why oh did I find that litespeed on sale at Evans, it’s been in my basket I don’t know how many times today!

At that price I could even put some very fancy wheels on it too!!

Sent you an updated e mail

Do you really want PF30?

Vortexracing

I can’t recommend Enigma enough, customer service fantastic and the bikes are great.

I have 2

P1050369 by eastham_david, on Flickr

and

Enigma Echo by eastham_david, on Flickr

tinribz
    Free Member

Xacd custom

<£500 delivered.

oldboy
    Free Member

+1 for Litespeed Ti frames here!

philxx1975
    Free Member

I have a Litespeed, wouldn’t particularly recommend it to anyone.

A side note and question almost ,that XACD is that not how Enigma get their frames made? ergo by an overseas vendor this was what put me off them initially but maybe I listened to others opinions and its not correct.

It was one of the factors that actually led me to the decision to buy a Litespeed R frame.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i nearly bought a litespeed cx frame a few years back, kick myself a little i did’nt now.

sundaywobbler

Excuse the ignorance here but what’s wrong with PF30 bottom bracket? And after looking at some of the really boutique frames could I (a brand whore) bring myself to buy an XACD??

I’m looking at getting a bike that’s going to last me a very long time therefore I’m not keen on the Chinese copies although its the kind of thing I have to do at work all day long!

Northwind

philxx1975 – Member

A side note and question almost ,that XACD is that not how Enigma get their frames made? ergo by an overseas vendor this was what put me off them initially but maybe I listened to others opinions and its not correct.

According to Enigma’s website they make everything in-house.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

When I was getting an Enigma custom built about 2 years ago everything off the peg was built overseas and everything custom was UK built.

I never actually got the frame though as their customer service was so poor I got my money back and went elsewhere.

mboy
    Free Member
    JCL
    Free Member

IF or Seven for me. Custom butted, massive downtube/chainstays, skinny toptube/seat stays, discs etc.

Anything else would just have me thinking I should have stuck with carbon production.

rewski
    Free Member

Kinesis gran fondo Ti is a lovely off the peg bike, if I was going custom then I would try enigma, I went to the open day last year, nice guys, both companies local to me in sussex based too. If money was really no object I would even look at a firefly from bespoke. Have you got the 73 degrees book from enigma? Might help your research. 73degrees

sundaywobbler

Bloody Martello, I blame him!

I’ve just gone and ordered a Crisp!! I actually justified it by the massive lead time allowing me to save some more cash!

Better get some legs to justify it now 😯

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey 599 for the Planet X Ti Pro Road. Very tempting as a replacement for my old alu winter/trainer for that price.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Sorry, titanium road bikes, which one??’ is closed to new replies.