Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sorry, phones again. Nexus 4?
  • midlifecrashes

So, Google taking orders again for delivery 5-6 weeks. Even with this the 8GB is sold out again. I’m tempted to have a punt on the 16GB based on the spec and price but haven’t seen one in the flesh. Anybody with one share their thoughts?

I’m in the last 3 weeks of a T-mob contract and am envisaging switching to a 30 day rolling contract until I see a new handset I like, but replacing a Defy I really wanted another rugged-ish phone, but no-one is doing anything significantly better than the Defy. Any thoughts? Any other good phones I’ve missed? Don’t want anything huge, but would still like a decent spec. Cheers.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Carphonewarehouse have them in stock for £110 more than Play want, but you can go and play with the demo.

It felt very fast and responsive. Glass could be a bit fragile, but so is the screen on any phone. Quite large but not huge when held next to my Desire. Not sure about battery life or camera but 4.2 on my Nexus 7 is slick and responsive.

If you want durable, the Motorola RAZR i looks decent, kevlar back, splash proof coating and good battery life.

I ordered a Nexus 4 last night, site said 1-2 weeks, email confirmation says 3-5 days so we’ll see!

daveh
    Free Member

You must have got in quick to get 1-2 weeks. Played with one in the O2 shop, very nice piece of kit. Think ill just wait till the scramble dies down, it’ll probably coincide with my contract end in march and also with Samsung s4 hype/release.

toby1

Nexus 4 has been ordered (5-6 weeks wait for me) – if you are looking for a sturdy phone though I’m pretty sure this isn’t it.

midlifecrashes

Was in CW last week but they had none in. Given that 5-6 weeks puts us at the back end of January sales, I think I’ll hang on, see what prices do and just buy one when they’re properly in stock, after I’ve had a proper fondle, maybe.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sorry, phones again. Nexus 4?’ is closed to new replies.