Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Sorry… Flat Pedal Question
  • flyingmonkeycorps

I’ve turned to the darkside, for fun rides at least – I’m willing to sacrifice the climbing efficiency for downhill fun. Only trouble is, the flats I have (Wellgo V8 copies) aren’t *quite* wide enough for my feet – the outside of my foot hangs off the side of the pedal, and it’s not very comfy, especially since I seem to spend most of my time stood up now.

So, what’s a half decent WIDE flat pedal, or at least wider than the V8? Cheaper the better, but if there’s nothing good cheap then I could be tempted to save up a bit.

mikey74
    Free Member

Tioga Surefoot MXPro – awesome pedals. I ride xc with mine too

jedi

i love azonic aframes

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tracey

NC17s

richc
    Free Member

The Superstar pedals are copies of Kona WahWahs which are very good, so well worth the cash

alex2002
    Free Member

Magnesium wellgo mg10’s weigh less than 400g and are £29.99 on flea bay….

aphex_2k
    Free Member

You won’t find MG10’s. MG1’s amigo. You can get em for under 20 notes too. Crackin pedals.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Kona WahWahs

richc
    Free Member

Don’t the MG1 have a similar platform size to the V8’s though? so he is still going to get foot roll/cramp.

flyingmonkeycorps

This would be a LOT easier if places listed the dimensions of pedals, only Superstar seem to. I shall measure mine when I get home and compare

richc
    Free Member

I have used V8’s and suffered with foot cramp so switched them out. Pedals which are wide enough not to cause this issues that I have used are:

Superstar Nanos (very good)
    Straitlines (very expensive)
    Azonic X frames (not very good, but light)
    Xpedo MX3’s (good but don’t have replaceable bushings)
    Wellgo B54’s (Easton Flatboy copies)

I haven’t used or seen (other than pictures) MG1’s but they look to be the same size as the V8/V12’s but hopefully someone here has seen both in the metal so could confirm this?

flyingmonkeycorps

Cool, cheers for that Rich! Based on that, the Superstar Nanos look like top of the list at the moment – sensible price, and I like the through-pins as well. I’m not even going to look at the Straitlines ‘cos I have an idea how much they cost, and the B54s seem to have been discontinued

steve_b77
    Free Member

Outland CNC’d jobbies, sealed cartridge bearings, very thin profile and nice and big. They’re Gussett Slim Jims in a different box. Brilliant pedals.

petetheplumber
    Free Member

NC17s

onandon
    Free Member

aphex_2k

where are MG-1 that price? , i need a few new sets

lammy
    Free Member

For what its worth, I’ve just bought some S.star Nanos and very happy so far.
    Phoned up on Thursday, got straight through, ordered and paid in 5 mins, pedals at my door by 9.30 Friday morning. Job done!

aphex_2k
    Free Member

on and on

they were from highonbikes. they auction them as well as sell them for a fixed price. the chap is very friendly, why not email him if you need a batch?

thomthumb
    Free Member

mg1s are a bit bigger than v8’s not massively so. I like em though.

cinnamon_girl

Following a review in the mag I bought a pair of Funn Soljams. Really wide, sealed bearings, great for stomping on the singlespeed. Unfortunately at the Quantocks ride, I managed to lose my footing and ended up with bloody scrapes from the long sharp pins 🙄

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I have the superstar nanotechs and the body seems slightly bigger than my mates EAston Cully’s, however they arent quite as grippy due to the fact he has long pins in his. They are still really grippy though and are nice and light, plus the new ones have the through pins.

Id get them.

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

second the Funn Soljams…

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Both of these are pretty darn big. And orange.

richc
    Free Member

neither of those look like they will be very mud friendly, the nano’s and straitlines have the advantage that it just squished through them

steveh

I’ve got some bilt pedals that I got from mtb direct, think they’re on sale at the moment. Nice large slightly concave platform and feel really nice to ride.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

neither of those look like they will be very mud friendly,

Errrrrrrrrrr. Sure.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Sorry… Flat Pedal Question’ is closed to new replies.