• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sorry but what roadie mudguards?
  • rascal
    Free Member

After some full length guards that will fit a carbon frame (no eyes for ‘proper’ guards) that can easily and quickly be taken on and off. Yes I know they look shit and will make my quite nice bike look instantly crap but they do serve a purpose. Any (sensible – much like the guards!) suggestions? TIA

kilo

Raceblade longs, work fine on my commuter road bike

TiRed

As above. Excellent choice but not as nice as a winter bike with a set of ska longboards and mudflaps.

joebristol

Went for SKS Raceblade Pro XL stealths on my cannondsle Caad12. The stealth bit just means they are Matt in colour so look slightly less pap. They could look worse on the bike (but not much) but they fitted easily / had good adjustment / seem to do a pretty good job of keeping road spray off me, and most of the bike.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Another one for Raceblade Longs !

joebristol

johnnystorm

SKS commuter are good if you can fit some of those QR eyelet adapters.

Bregante

Just bought some flinger Pro race for my nice bike which seem very sturdy and took about 10 minutes to fit. 25mm max tyre size though.

avdave2

Race blade XL’s here as well. Do a good job, are very adjustable and so quick to take on and off that you fit them as and when required not by what the calendar says

lyrikal
    Free Member

I like the race blade pro and pro xl, very good adjustment system on them. Just be sure to protect you frame where they touch it as they mark the Paint through time.

I have a pair of the crud roadracer MK3 in my shed that don’t suit my bike. You could have those mucho cheapo, they get good ratings too but I can’t comment as I’ve not been able to fit them.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I bought sks xls, and after 2 rides they had rubbed the underside of the fork through to the paint, without any noticeable rubbing when riding.

Glad I caught it in time as I reckon another 100 miles and it would have been through to the carbon. Not ideal.

jamesfifield

Another +1 for SKS Raceblades. I fitted them to my fiancees road bike and they worked perfectly.

@tpbiker
    I don’t think the raceblades are meant to go underneath the fork crown. All the pictures I’ve seen have them behind the fork.

TiRed

If you go with clip ons slide some inner tube up the forks and split some more and wrap the seat stays and secure with a zip tie. Don’t mount them to the frame directly

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sorry but what roadie mudguards?’ is closed to new replies.