Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Sorry, but I quite like this ;-( Warning Car Content
  • johnjn2000

My mate had a green shitette when we were at school, used to drive like a nutter in it as 17 year olds did, eventually crashed it into the back of a massive (stationary) lorry on a slip road, that was that. Got a Hillman Hunter GLS after that.

Must be something about the colour. My mum had a pea green Chevette and me and a couple of mates took it out one day before I had passed my test (those days your mate could sit in with you as long as he had passed) We were out on a single lane road and hit a Ford Sierra head on and wrote the poor Pea Green off. Mate went from the back seat through the windscreen (rear belts not compulsory) Widscreen popped out rather than shattering. Scary, scary day but we survived.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Had a “bogey green” Chevette back in the late ’80s. Took me all over the country with (almost) no issues (and almost no maintenance). Rust eventually put paid to it rather than mechanicals.

My new neighbour has a white Chevette with a red top engine and (he says) deliberately rubbish bodywork. Noisy, smokey and awesome.

It was replaced with a mint condition Capri 1600. Slow, wouldn’t go round corners, but great fun. Miss those days.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Sorry, but I quite like this ;-( Warning Car Content’ is closed to new replies.