Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sorry boring, but any ideas on good home insurance for bikes?
  • nouveau
    Free Member

I need to get buildings insurance for the new place and so am finally thinking it might be worth getting contents too. Can anyone recommend a company that’s good for bikes if you’ve got ‘a few over £250’? I recall that M&S used to be the one. Is that still the case?

All the best,
    Nouveau

simonjj
    Free Member

I changed recently as Zurich wouldn’t cover my bikes for more tham £400 each, i moved to Hiscox Insurance who have £2500 as standard in or out of the home per bike.

deadkenny
    Free Member

M&S is only good for existing customers now I think. New customers get far less cover (£1k max per bike?)

mikey74
    Free Member

As an existing customer, my M&S coverage has come down fro £4000 to £2000 per unlisted bike, which means I need to add my new bike to it, which will probably send my premiums sky-rocketing.

chrism110
    Free Member

im a new m&s customer i have been quoted £48 pm for buildings an contents plus 2 bikes (listed on policy) valued at £3800 & one at £1100 this will also cover me away from home to the same value

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve just updated my details on M&S, as my policy is up for renewal at the end of this month. I added my new Morewood as a specified bicycle and it put my premium up by £5/month (now £27).

My road bike still comes within the £2000 limit (just) for an unspecified bicycle.

PS. This includes full coverage away from home, including overseas.

deadkenny
    Free Member

It’s the away from home cover that’s especially important, at least for me. Watch out for limits on any modifications too. They probably won’t say but in a claim they might only cover the original spec.

I’ve heard after a claim on an expensive bike some will reduce the cover also.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sorry boring, but any ideas on good home insurance for bikes?’ is closed to new replies.