Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sorry – another earbud question – for running+calls
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Sorry going in circles reading reviews/posts etc.

Looking for true wireless earbuds:
    – Comfy and secure for running
    – Decent for making phone/zoom calls with (including in car)
    – Happy connecting to Apple/Android/Microsoft devices (will initially be mainly used with Android phone)
    – Able to just use one bud at a time

Nice to haves:
    – Some level of ANC

Budget up to £200 ish, less the better though, but some tempting deals on atm!

Looking at:
    Apple Airpod Pro 2021 – £185 (mixed reviews for running)
    Sony WF-1000XM4 – £200 (generally very well reviewed, some comments about the foam tips, bit pricey)
    Sony WF-1000XM3 – £110 (bit older? Mixed reviews)
    Jabra Elite Active 75t – £100 (good for sports, not sure on mic or sound quality?)

Any thoughts or suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Duane.

ns77214
    Free Member

I have the Jabras. They connect well to Android and it’s possible to use one at a time. But I find the fit (security rather than comfort) severely lacking, and the same for the quality of calls, though I’ve not tried in the car

joshvegas
    Free Member

Some level of ANC

For running I have opinions on this.

CountZero

The Edifier NeoBuds I’ve mentioned on the other threads. They come with seven sets of eartips, they’re unobtrusive, sound superb, take calls just fine, and have several levels of ANC – standard, ambient, low ANC and high ANC. A double tap on the right bud pauses and plays, a double tap on the left one will go from high ANC to ambient, which pics up all background sounds, so ideal for use around traffic, or talking to people. They’re a fair bit cheaper than some others, and very comfortable.

Edifier NeoBuds Pro Hi-Res ANC Noise Cancelling Wireless Earbuds with LDAC, LHDC – Unique Acoustic Design – 6-Mics -Tap Control and APP Settings https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0999DRY2T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_5146GCKEZ5YCDBKK88FD

Duane…
    Free Member

Thanks all.

ns77214 – thanks, good to know re fit and call quality

joshvegas – I think as long as you can turn ANC off its fine for running?

CountZero – they look very well specced/reviewed, not the best looking though IMO!

As I mentioned in the other thread, Powerbeats pro suit most of your needs – waterproof too. No ANC though

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve been using BeatsX for a few years now, they seem great for running and I haven’t had any issues with needing waterproofing. I considered upgrading to the Powerbeats but honestly saw no need (and I sweat a lot while riding).

But, I think I’m gonna buy some Aftershokz for running / riding, for safety. They’re currently £105 on Amazon, a fair bit cheaper than they have been. But obviously that doesn’t fit your brief.

grum
    Free Member

Jaybird Vista have new NC versions – I think the non NC versions are amazing. Spendy though.

Plenty of passive noise cancellation from basically wearing earplugs, and I only wear one in when cycling/running usually anyway.

surfer
    Free Member

I am envious of people who can run with ear buds in. I must have the most earbud unfriendly ears. Every set i have tried just fall straight out.

I run in Sony Walkman swimming ones (I bought for my daughter and she didnt like) they go over your ear as well. I do have Jabra 65t’s which are good but they even fall out sometimes when I am walking…..

I have a set of Bose Soundsports in Green that I bought on a whim ages ago, same issue as above. Barely used if anyone wants to make me an offer.

lunge

Of that list, the Jabra are absolutely brilliant and do all you need.
    I have some Outlier Air’s and they’re fine, but the Jabra that my owns are just better in all ways.

Superficial
    Free Member

I am envious of people who can run with ear buds in. I must have the most earbud unfriendly ears. Every set i have tried just fall straight out.

Yeah, I’m kinda the same. AirPods or AirBuds (is that what they were called?) are the worst, I can’t run more than 50yds without them falling out. The combination of a selection of silicon tip sizes + those ear-helix-brace things make mine (BeatsX, as above) work for me.

Spud

I was using Beats-X for a couple of years, but got annoyed with the cable linking them – sound etc good for what I need. My very kind wife bought me some Powerbeats Pro last Christmas and they’re great, I like the security of the round the ear frame – anything like the Apple ones would fall out.

simon_g

I like Airpods Pro, and they can do the opposite of noise cancellation (let sound through as if you’re not wearing them) which is handy.

Fit is tricky though, I find them absolutely fine, a mate tried every tip as well as some 3rd party ones and couldn’t get them to stay in when running.

Had some Anker Liberty Air 2 before, and they worked pretty well too. Brilliant for the money and £46 right now.

Duane…
    Free Member

lunge – do you find the call quality on the Jabras to be decent enough? You have the 75t Elite Active?

Thanks,

mattyfez

– Decent for making phone/zoom calls with (including in car)

Just my humble opinion, but nothing irritates me more than someone who’s obviously on hands free/loudspeaker/wind noise, etc.

Have the decency to stop and speak on the phone like a normal decent person. Speaking to someone who’s clearly jogging or driving or otherwise distracted is quite frankly, offensive.

I’ve a mate who does that and I just hang up on him.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sorry – another earbud question – for running+calls’ is closed to new replies.