Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Soooo… Bikemonger moving North…
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

… newsletter just dropped in. Two new Bikemongers on the board, new HQ in Ripon.

I guess Charlie will be now just smoking dodgy leaves, bathing even less and … what else xD

Cheers!
    I.

Simwit

I noticed that when I ordered something last week. The service was still exemplary though so all good in my book.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Two new Bikemongers on the board, new HQ in Ripon.

Not “joined” with moonglu has he? I noticed their window display looked a bit different* as I pootled past on Saturday though didn’t pay much attention admittedly. Would be a good thing for both I imagine as moonglu were always something of a non entity online but instore have been great.

*like someone else chose what to put in the window.

Edit – nope, at least 300yards apart.

qwerty
    Free Member

I heard that Charlie’s created two aliases as he’s rather embarrassed about the fact that he’s moved north in persuit of the perfect cup of tea, and has sold his surf boards to purchase a whippet.

bikemonger

Ha. Yes. It’s us – Sam & Theo. We took over from Charlie last month. Webshop continuing as normal (just a bit more organised :-)) although you should note the new address if you want to return anything or send us things. The shop itself has relocated to Ripon – we’re not shouting about it because it’s still a complete mess but we’re always here if anyone wants to pop in for coffee or whatever…..

Nothing to do with Moonglu which is a fine shop, but we’re in a different niche, which is errr… well y’know.

Charlie’s also moved North to the hipster paradise of Hebden Bridge. Still buttering bums, dashing gravel and laughing at out futile attempts to fill his size 12 shoes.

Yak

Good luck Sam and Theo.
    So does this mean the Dorset Gravel Dash is now, the Yorkshire Gravel Dash?

jimdubleyou

So does this mean the Dorset Gravel Dash is now, the Yorkshire Gravel Dash?

I saw something on Facebook about a Scotland gravel dash, which will be exciting.

tomhoward

Charlie’s also moved North to the hipster paradise of Hebden Bridge. Still buttering bums, dashing gravel and laughing at out futile attempts to fill his size 12 shoes.

scud
    Free Member

At the Gravel dash this year, he said that he thought it would be the last Dorset Gravel Dash, whether that means there will be others there or elsewhere i don’t know, would be said if it didn’t go on, as its got better with each year.

GeForceJunky

Are you guys related to Noah and Theo, the eBay bike parts seller?

bikemonger

We’re not related to N&T the eBay sellers, although our Theo thinks it may be his evil twin. We’ve talked with Charlie in abstract terms about a Yorkshire Gravel Dash but there’s no concrete plans. The Scotland one looks exciting though.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Yorkshire Gravel Dash

Ohhh yes, please, please. Pretty please. With sugar on top.

Cheers!
    I.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Soooo? Is this you OP?

Sooo

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Rather that one 🙂

cat

Cheers!
    I.

charliedontsurf

ha… I must be operating on Dales time… as I have only just found this.

All is well after a year up north.

I am look after the Singletrack webshop, Dirt Dash.cc events, and Bum Butter.

Olive the Dog (head cheese judge at the Dorset Gravel Dash) passed away, leaving a big hole. The my girlfriends beagle followed a few months later.

Avoided catching the rickets.

Found the local beach and its a bit shite.

Fully embraced life in Hebden Bridge and I am now an honoury lesbian yogurt weaver with an allotment and a leaky canal boat, I also might run mindfullness tantric drum circle courses in the woods in exchange for free range love.

peteimpreza
    scuttler

Found the local beach and its a bit shite.

“Club Todmordana drinks are freeeee-zing”

Probably covered in empty cans, broken glass, disposable bbq carcasses and human shite at the mo too.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Staggering that people who can be arsed with the walk up there can’t be arsed to take their shit home with them again.

v7fmp

I purchased a towhee strap from Bikemonger earlier this year.

a fine experience it was too!

tomhoward

Fully embraced life in Hebden Bridge

Never go full Hebden.

ElShalimo

Is free range love more expensive than barn love?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Soooo… Bikemonger moving North…’ is closed to new replies.