Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sony Xperia Z Vs HTC One + Is EE any good?
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

Whats peoples thoughts?

Both superb phones but I’m struggling to pin one down, Anyone have one of these phones? (although I’m sure the HTC ain’t out yet).

S4? Not a fan of Shamsung!

Would prefer to go on O2 but starting a 3G contract with them when they’ll be rolling out 4G in the next 6 months with the uncertainty of an upgrade (to 4G) halfway through is steering me towards EE,
    However I’m not convinced EE is the right choice, Poor customer service,
    Whats peoples experiences with them?

vrapan
    Free Member

Why don’t you get a sim only rolling monthly contract until the rest of the carriers have their own 4G in place?

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Hello just got the Xperia z today on orange and so far I’m impressed with it. Had a galaxy s3 a few months ago on 3 but we didn’t get on ( network, phone was great) So they agreed in the end to cancel my contract. The Sony feels bigger than the s3 but solid and has a nice look to it as well the claim of being waterproof / dust proof. My number ports across tomorrow but so Far so good, but not really a lot to report besides impressed with the phone so far and orange have been fine for now!

disco_stu
    Free Member

HTC One review here, looks like a good one, Im sure the S4 is an equally good phone

withersea
    Free Member

Very happy with my xperia z, battery stamina tool works well, waterproofing works well as proved by being covered in coke whilst having lunch one day. Can’t find a decent case for it at the moment though

tacopowell
    Free Member

vrapan – Member
    Why don’t you get a sim only rolling monthly contract until the rest of the carriers have their own 4G in place?

Been with network 3 for 2 months on a rolling contract,

£12.50 a month doesn’t included 0845 type numbers, £61 bill last time round! Plus the coverage is terrible,
    Plus current iPhone 4 is playing up.

fazanders
    Free Member

HTC would get my vote. Looked at the Xperia Z in the shop and TBH didn’t do anything for me. Nice touch being waterproof but the phone seemed to lack character. Few reports of sudden death issue on them as well. Only problem with the HTC is finding one, they are out but they are struggling with demand at the moment.

zeffir
    Free Member

I’d hang fire for the HTC, got the one on the Saturday past and it hasn’t disappointed. Build quality is first class, sound is best I’ve had on any phone, same for photos. Had a shot of the Xperia z off the Sony rep who was in the shop when I was, looked a really good phone and did consider it but very happy with the HTC.

luffy105
    Free Member

Unless you live in the middle of a major city and never venture outside of it 4G ain’t gonna be near you soon. Even though O2 and Vodafone have joined up for 4G rollout it will still be a while before there’s a national network so get the phone you like for now and stay with the best 3G network for you currently because it isn’t going to change in the near future. The networks have got a mammoth task ahead of them.

PaddyMcG
    Free Member

Just to throw fuel on the fire, I think Sony are soon to release the Xperia ZL. From what I can tell, it’s going to be a bit smaller than the Z, but with a better battery life.
    As for networks, I found 3 coverage terrible, as was their customer “service”. I moved to Orange. Much better coverage and decent customer service.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I don’t think the ZL is coming to the uk.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Just set up a Z yesterday for someone. Seems like a nice phone, although it’s design is a bit bland.

The HTC One seems to be a powerful phone, although the camera could be better.

user-removed
    Free Member

I have an HTC One – in fact I’ve had it for a couple of weeks now. It’s almost exactly the same as the Desire S but slightly bigger. The £ symbol is easier to find, the camera is seriously crap and you need to download the Google calendar app if you want it to sync with your laptop.

On the whole, highly recommended.

EDIT: and ever since EE I haven’t got a signal inside without having a signal boost app running all the time…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sony Xperia Z Vs HTC One + Is EE any good?’ is closed to new replies.