Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sony a380
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I fancy one of these. Anyone?

duntmatter
    Free Member

I got an a300 for xmas. Very happy with it. Liveview is v useful, I find.

dooosuk
    Free Member

I've got an A350 and I'm very happy with it.

allthepies
    Free Member

Saw one of those at Farnborough airshow a few yrs back.

😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

My old man has a a350 and while it takes pretty good pics I don't like the feel of the camera. I have a Nikon D60 and much prefer that everything feels like its in the right place where the Sony feels awkward. It is probably just a personal preference thing but its worth thinking about.

peachos
    Free Member

i echo I-Ache's pov, was at a wedding at the weekend and playing with my mates a350. it felt really awkward in comparison to my eos 450d. didn't like the liveview (very grainy indoors) and much prefer being able to see shutter speed/apeture setting etc on my canon.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah.. point appreciated but 'feel' or ergonomics are second for me to certain features and image quality. I personally really like the live view with tilting screen, and the continuous focusing. IE by the time you've framed the shot it's already focused*, so your shooting is instant. Great for action shots. I don't think any of the others at that price have such facilities, do they?

* provided you're in woods or something and not about to take a snap of someone riding by against the skyline…

BlingBling
    Free Member

The A380 body is completely redesigned and buttons moved/removed to make it easier to use.
    It's also smaller, lighter and less bulky than the A350.
    They are not the same camera.

peachos
    Free Member

in that case molgrips i'm sure it will be a great camera for you. i've heard good things about them, was just voicing my views on a hours worth of semi-drunkerd usage!!

dooge
    Free Member

I have to say Sony SLR's have always ft a little industrial however the new bodies feel awful in the hand. I work in a large multinational camera shop and the amount of people that get put off by the feel of it. Ergonomics are always going to be better on Canon as they always have, however the Sony is comparable in image quality I would say, only losing up in the high ISO stakes. It has got an amazing live view, and the built in stabilisation is a brilliant idea.

molgrips
    Free Member

With the old Sonys, some folk gave them awards and some were concerned about detail in the compressed images. Hard to know what to think about that really.

yoshimi

Out of interst, why are you thinking about getting one of these over say a 500D or D90? Reason I ask is that I'm looking at similar cameras and so far I think the Canon is probably the one to go for………but I do flip flop between them and yet to make my mind up 100%

molgrips
    Free Member

Simply the real-time focusing live view, the constant focus also in live view and the tilting screen. It also seemed snappier in use than some of the others I tried.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sony a380’ is closed to new replies.