Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sonder Transmitter owners: Any reason not to buy ?
  • fatmountain
    Free Member

Seen one for a good price locally. I have done the research and people seem to speak highly of them as a trail bike – I’m looking for a replacement for my steel hardtail (genesis longitude 2016 with sus forks) – mainly to be used for overnight bikepacking trips on mixed trails/gravel and maybe some multi-day Bikepacking trips in Spain. A range of stuff really. Only thing which puts me off is no braze-ons on the bottom of the downtube for a water – but could probably use tape/zip ties etc. Any caveats?

plus-one

Nope I love mine ! Being newer version it’s fully internal routing(very easy set up) and looks and rides sweet 🙂

fatmountain
    Free Member

Looks great! Have you loaded it up with gear by any chance?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Garry_Lager

Does it have decent wheels? The rumpus wheelset that came stock on mine was a portly offering, would not have fancied big touring days on that at all. Have some i35s (I think) now and they make a big difference.

BadlyWiredDog

I’m still riding one of Sonder’s prototype frames and very fond of it. I haven’t used the stock wheels, but they do have a reputation for being quite heavy, as above. But mostly they’re just really capable, no-nonsense bikes and great value as well. The plus-sized tyres run really well over medium-sized sort of trail debris, loads of grip on anything short of full-on deep chocolate mud. Never used mine for bike-packing, but given appropriate luggage, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

plus-one

Never ran mine loaded I bought it as a fun trail hardtail and fits the bill perfectly. I only bought frame as I was transferring blingy bits from another bike.

Not sure if the sonder is intended as a bike packing/load lugger ? Guess you could with almost any bike. Do so sonder not do more specific bikes for load lugging ?

colournoise

I got a mk1 frame from Sonder super cheap due to imperfect paint (wasn’t bothered by that as I’d a planned to try a custom job on it anyway). Built it up as a 27+ do it all hardtail. It’s an amazingly capable bike and following the Sonder owners FB group, a pretty versatile one too – plenty on there with tourer/bikepacker builds. If you get a good deal on one, I don’t think you’ll regret it whatever you use it for.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Just get a Frontier.

Love my Transmitter but it’s first job is to be a great trail HT.

It is fine for xc and bike packing but if that were to be it’s only roll, I’d get the Fronteir.

pampmyride
    Free Member

Ran one for a year or so, then swapped to Steel…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sonder Transmitter owners: Any reason not to buy ?’ is closed to new replies.