Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sonder Cortex- Owners Opinions and experience please!
  • hopefiendboy

Hi all

I’m considering getting a Sonder Cortex frameset to add to the stable. I have a specialized Enduro 29er carbon thing with 160R 170F coil suspension and a relatively burly build and was looking for something a bit more trail orientated. Ive got a set of Ohlins forks currently at 160mm travel that I can reduce the travel down to the 130mm reccomended and a hardtail I can swap bits over between the Cortex and this if needed.

If you have tried one and or own one- what are your opinions of it? I like climbing and longer days in the saddle but also getting into my more gnarly Enduro type trails so looking for something that leans more to the former but wont feel too twitchy when heading downwards.

Looking forward to hearing your experience!!

jeffl

Have a quick search of the forum, good luck. I remember a thread about them being started a few months ago. Think there was some concern about the bearings getting sloppy quickly but from memory the designer from Alpkit (sorry can’t remember his name) added that it was sorted and I think pretty much guaranteed that it would be fine.

Sorry but vague.

hopefiendboy

Cheers! I had seen that thread but it was a bit light on follow up and a fair bit of time ago.

I’m wondering if the Evol 29 might be the better weapon overall. I suppose it depends how pedally it is.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I used a Cortex for just over a year and really rated it, much more capable than the travel would suggest, but felt good under power. Just sold mine to get the Evol 29 as I wanted something longer travel. As you already have a big bike it would make a great trail bike for longer days.

timnoyce
    Free Member

As I mentioned in the other thread. I have one, I ride it a lot and I think it’s pretty excellent.

plus-one

Not a cortex sorry but I had an Evol it was excellent and very well finished for the money. And service from alpkit was exemplary.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Does anyone know if you can fit a front mech?

I’d be looking at buying a frame and swapping everything over from my old bike and it’s got a very nice 3×10 XTR transmission on it.

tourismo

OP, surely you want a nice Cotic Flaremax? Thats what all the fashionable people are slogging round the Pentlands on. 😂😂

hopefiendboy

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Re the Flaremax..great bike, really rated it but if I got one you would no longer be the only Flaremax in the Village mincing around the Wetlands 😘

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sonder Cortex- Owners Opinions and experience please!’ is closed to new replies.