Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sonder Camino.
  • locum76
    Free Member

My sole whip just now is a 2017 kona Shred. I love her but she’s slow on the commute. I might have a bit of cash this year so fancied a gravel bike – slightly faster but still capable of a wee bit off road. I’ll always prefer flat bars and pedals. Have any of you got any experience with Sonder:

Sonder Camino Al Apex1 Flat

locum76
    Free Member

PS: Looked at a Genesis Croix de Fer flatbar but at 6’6″ I think I’m to tall for them.

locum76
    Free Member

PPS: I’ll be keeping the Shred for bouncy playful riding.

BadlyWiredDog

Not ridden the specific bike, but the brand – part of Alpkit – is great to deal with. Owned a Transmitter for the last two-and-a-half years and it’s been great.

If you’re in the Peak, they’re doing a sort of ‘meet the brand’ gig at the Hathersage Alpkit store on Thursday with drinks and nibbles.

mattbee

Really nice bikes (the Camino). Not particularly light but nice to ride, both with 700c and 650b wheels. Only got rid of mine to buy a Tempest as I wanted ti.

Merak

I’ve got an Al Camino it’s a great bike for the money.

boblo
    Free Member

I’ve just finished building one up into a road/gravel doitall. Not ridden yet but it looks like it should do the job and at £250 for the frame, cheap. I’ll brle riding it on the road next weekend so can give feedback then.

Please don’t call it a whip tho, it just sounds silly 🙃

locum76
    Free Member

Sure, I’ll call it the steed instead.

welshmuir
    Free Member

Another very satisfied Camino Al owner here. I’ve got drops and 700c wheels with some Schwalbe G-ones and it’s good fun to ride. I use it to commute to work on-road and go on longer weekend rides off-road and really can’t fault it. Highly recommended.

martinkiely
    Free Member

Recently built up a drop bar 700c (well, re-purposed 29er really) wheels Camino AL and so far very happy – and as people have said, Alpkit have been a pleasure to deal with. Unfortunately haven’t put too many miles on it yet to report if any issues, but there isn’t a lot to go wrong!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sonder Camino.’ is closed to new replies.