Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sonder Broken Road. Any owners out there?
  • PolisherMan

Since Sonder did a few alterations to the frame recently, this has become my (near) perfect bikepacking and general xc bike. As such the boss has given me the green light to buy one this weekend!!

I’m dithering about size though. At 5′ 10″ 32″ leg (such an awkward height) I’m slap bang between med/large. There are no built up demo. bikes apparently and as there’s a sale this weekend, I’ve got to decide….

So it’s a 17.5″ or 18.5″, with a reach of 430 or 455. My Genesis Tarn is 440, so I think with a pair of Jones bars fitted then it’ll be a Large that I go for….

Just hope it doesn’t feel like a gate!

nuke

How do you know the broken road on the website is the updated version? For example, on Instagram it was asked whether they’d ditched the 27.2mm seatpost & Sonder said the updated version was now 31.6mm with stealth routing…broken road spec still says 27.2 on website 🤔

19ninety
    Free Member

Interested in one of these too as a combo adventure gravel bike kinda thing, struggling to find anything except the Fargo Rival which is adventure style (decent frame spacing for a bag), Ti with boost spacing. I want to be able to use my current 650b+ wheels you see.
    How did you find the Jones bars one a mountain bike frame, what adjustment did you consider for them as they drop more than the flat bars? Did you simply use a longer stem, if so has that affected the way the bike behaves much?

piemonster

I’m 6 foot and have a Large. It’s just right 😁

piemonster

Frame spec on the website has 31.6mm, but the build spec says it comes with a 27.2 post. So either you get a shim or they’ve messed up the spec details.

19ninety
    Free Member

OK cheers, I’m 6’2″ and find normal MTB position to be uncomfortable on long rides (75mile +), so been looking towards a Ti mile muncher that’ll take 2.6″ tyres which has a more comfortable riding position … and which I can off load the associated carry stuff in to a frame bag to take the weight off me.

I’m sure a read that the frame comes with a seat tube shim… unless that was the Tarn which I was also looking at earlier?

epicroubaix
    Free Member

Did you end up buying the sonder broken road? A friend and I are thinking of buying one each with gx eagle Reba build and riding lands end to John o’groats in may then bringing the bikes back with us to Australia.

Are you happy with the bike and would you change anything. I am planning to swap out the guide r brakes for xt 4 piston brakes when we get back home.

PolisherMan

It’s fantastic!
    The Large is lovely and roomy for my 5’10”. I swap between the risers that came with it for local xc stuff, then swap out to Jones Bars with the same stem for bikepacking. It gives a nice comfy, more upright position.
    The brakes are awful! Okish in the dry, unloaded. but any grit or weight on the bike and it’s like going back to rim brakes!
    I swapped the 34tooth front ring for a 32t

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sonder Broken Road. Any owners out there?’ is closed to new replies.