Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Somewhere to take the missus for her FIRST RIDE near shipley
  • ogwen
    Free Member

Wotcha everyone,

So the missus has a bike, and wants to go for a ride. We live in Shipley. She wants to go a bit out of the way so that “no-one sees me”

So where’s good? Somewhere pretty flat, reservoir idea,, about an hour or so riding.

Cheers

Og

Esme
    Free Member

Would the route of this Breeze ride be suitable?

ruscle
    Free Member

I was going to suggest a cheap B+B as you should start as you mean to carry on… but realised I got the wrong idea!

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I was going to suggest a cheap B+B as you should start as you mean to carry on… but realised I got the wrong idea!

Yeah, the thread title promised so much…… 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

She wants to go a bit out of the way so that “no-one sees me”

fnarr fnarr

ogwen
    Free Member

Well there is always the OTHER reason for getting out in the countryside – getting a bit cold for that thought;)

The breeze ride would be perfect BUT it’s women only. Suppose I could wear a dress…

Route of it looks good though

duntstick
    Free Member

You have some of the finest canal towpaths around, up near you.

Fairly effortless, like first rides should be. Things to look at/photo. Cafe/pub stops.

link

domino

Vague descriptions of two rides that might be suitable…. you should be able to work them out though with an OS map…

Drive over to Pateley Bridge and ride the bridleway from Wath up to Ramsgill?

Ride from Gargrave – up Mark House Lane, Bell Busk, up Moorber Lane round towards East Marton on the bridleway, will drop you out on A59 near the Cross Keys, back towards Gargrave on bridleway on road.

meehaja
    Free Member

bit of a trip out, but Ogden resevoir near halifax? Mostly flat, bumpy trail round the puddle, some short simple singletrack in the woods, a slight hill and some nice moors nearby?

I like shipley glen, but always a bit more of a technical blast round the rocks, with a bit of bouldering thrown in.

Judy Woods in Bradford can be fun for a bit of a blast, easy enough for a beginer, some interesting mini lines to keep you busy too?

Calverley Woods in Leeds (at the bottom near green gates) is basically some woods along a bank. Some nice open trails, some twisty singletrack, some decents etc but more of a “messing around in the woods” than a proper rride?

totalshell

canal ride.. took my mrs and the kids out together mrs ok with it as she didnt need to change gear often it was fairly level and its off the beaten track. i’d ride from silsden to skipton and back easy peasy and local.. get on in silsden town centre and ride till you get to the pub.. small refreshment and return circa an hours riding..

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Shipley to the far side of Riddlesden on the canal, out and back would be about an hour, probably a little more. Pretty much all flat aggregate and/or tarmac. Lots of people walking, but shouldn’t cause her to feel self conscious in front of other bikers, if that’s the issue.
    I do Bingley to Skipton as my summer canal commute, but use it in both directions all year round if I want to just go for a fitness blast without getting too wet and muddy.
    one of the good MTB rides without too much silly climbing is to park at Threshfields (nr Skipton) and go onto Threshfield Common? Moor?. It’s up and down, but not silly and lots of the bad bits have been upgraded. There are lots of combinations of routes/circuits and it’s proper MTBing, but without massive climbs.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Somewhere to take the missus for her FIRST RIDE near shipley’ is closed to new replies.